First Dates!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Dates!

All right, guys. loveknowsnodistance27 & I are chatting and talking about our first dates with our SO's... What was everyone else's first date? (Or what did you do the first day of your first visit?)

Nix & I watched Avatar and made panini's at his place after a basketball game I played in the athletic band for. Then the next day we went to the local children's museum after grabbing lunch with his dad (his dad is awesome, and we got a tour of his office. he works for a laaaaarge company), and went out to dinner. Then we watched movies. It turned into a "date weekend".

So, brag on, fellow LFAD-ers!

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
    Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
    Progress: Working on it.

We went and saw mad money, then had a picnic at the park by my house and talked it was almost 6 hours, my parents were pissed!

Comment

Technically, our first date included his not quite 2 year old son - we went to the mall and he took me shopping <3 But that wasn't really a "date" - just the first time we met.

I think our first real date took place a year later, in December, 1997, when I went to visit him for the very first time. We went shopping and bought each other CD's. I bought him Chumbawumba and to this day we think fondly of dancing in his car to Tubthumping and then hating on every other song on the CD He bought me Celine Dion's Let's Talk About Love (because it had the song from Titanic on it) and then we went to a bar, where I watched him drink since I was only 19 and then he got up and sang karaoke. Then we went back to his apartment

Now if you flash forward 13 years later, when we got back together, we went to breakfast at IHOP and he had the balloon artist make me a pink flower balloon corsage.

We don't "date" very well...usually we've got one or both of our kids with us!

Comment

We went to Olive Garden, had our first kiss, and messed around at the mall :P.

Our first date was a year ago tomorrow <3.

Comment

the day she got here...we came home...talked for a bit and that...and around like 10...we went and had dinner....nothing too exciting..but she didn't get in till 4:30...but the first full day we slept in...and cuddled alot...i made us breakfast...french toast...turkey sausage...juice and coffee...we went shopping after i brought my trailblazer in for it's 2 month checkup....the first really fun thing we went out and did...was go visit an outdoor venue for weddings on friday...that was fun...and quite beautiful...

Comment

On our first date we went to a soccer game. He loves all kinds of sports and I only love soccer, so he had tickets to go to one of the Timbers games.
            He was such a gentleman and still is. It was a hot day in Portland and I was wearing a tank top. The sun was on my back almost the whole time but there were times that I didn't feel my back so hot.
            I realized he was blocking the sun with a magazine. That was one of the many things that made me realize I'm very lucky to have found him.
            Our first date was more than great!

Comment

Our first real "date" together was his first visit on the 3rd day. We went bowling - can't remember who won though

Comment

We met at a bar that was close enough for me to walk to because I didn't trust his ass to pick me up. Evidently he had been waiting for me for 45 minutes by the time I got there. Poor dude!

Comment

We met up, he got in my car, and I drove to Ann Arbor. (he gave directions, I had no clue where I was going!) We walked around Ann Arbor, but unfortunately, as it was the day after Christmas, there wasn't much to see! We walked for ages and got to talk a lot. Then we went to Noodles&Co for dinner. I drove us back to his Jeep, but instead of getting out and going home, he stayed in the car and we just talked for a couple more hours. Made a quick run to McDonald's for drinks and to use the bathroom, then back to talking until I had to go home. Such a great memory!

Comment

Although we've been together for nearly a year, our first date was not until this summer in Tulsa. We went to this nice Italian restaurant (i'm part italian and had fun explaining some of the different foods to him), it was really cute. One of the really sweet things I remember him doing was apologizing for calling me 'dude' (which he knows I actually don't mind). Afterwards we went to get ice cream, which ended with me getting half of it in my hair...which is another story all together . I just felt like the whole evening kind of summed up who we are as a couple, a little bit of awkward and a little bit of adorable.
                    started dating: 12/08/12
                    "i love you": 04/12/13
                    el paso: 07/24/13 - 08/05/13
                    montreal: 12/13/13 - 01/03/14
                    el paso: 01/05/14 - 01/19/14
                    montreal: 05/30/14 - 07/27/14
                    el paso: 07/27/14 - 08/18/14
                    el paso: 12/27/14 - 01/16/15
                    el paso: 06/02/15 - 08/17/15
                    san antonio: 02/04/16 - 02/08/16
                    san antonio/el paso: 06/03/16 - 06/21/16

Comment

Our first date consisted of sightseeing in Barcelona, followed by a long walk along the beach -we eventually sat- and then dinner together in the late evening.

Comment

Our first proper date was an afternoon spent at a park in London

Comment

Our first 'date' was the night before we became LD. We were together for like 7 weeks before then but generally just hung around at my house with our mutual friends (alone time was hard to come by in my house!!). The night before I left, he took me to his favourite restaurant in Cork, a lovely Mexican place with amazing food. I was ridiculously anxious (because I'd decided I'd tell him I loved him) and sad about leaving the next day, so I barely ate anything. We just sat and enjoyed each others company and had dinner and split a dessert, and on the way home it started raining so he gave me his suit jacket and he got soaked!

Lovely lovely night, I get so choked up thinking about it even though we've closed the distance and live together now!! I ended up wussing out of telling him I loved him at dinner, but got up the courage the next morning

Love will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, it will set you free

Met: Cork, Ireland - December 31, 2009 • Started Dating: Cork, Ireland - May 22, 2010 • Became LD: July 15, 2010 • My Move From Canada to UK: October 26, 2011
                          Closed the distance June 18, 2012!

Comment

My first dinner date was so nice and laidback. We spent too much time talking about games and such to the point where we forgot that we ordered food. Needless to say, it felt pretty good to go on a real date with him.

Comment

Our first date was in 2005, when we first met in St. Louis. I remember picking him up from the airport and seeing him for the first time. We then went out to dinner at Olive Garden (his fav place to eat) and then went to a park and walked around for what seemed like hours and hours. All we did was talk and enjoy each others company. Then we drifted apart for 4 years and started dating again in August 2011 and we had a "second" first date. We went out to dinner at an amazing little bistro in Charlotte and then got ice cream and walked around. It was so nice to be back with him and have him holding my hand and laughing together. We have been happy together for over a year now

Comment

Working...
                              X