Feeling like less of a priority

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeling like less of a priority

So me and my boyfriend (who have been together for 20 months) are currently long distance (3.5 hours away). We've been in a LDR for almost 2 months - He's still at college finishing up his last year and I moved back home to start graduate school. I will finish in a year and will move to where he is, but at the moment we have to pursue the LDR.

Things started off fairly well, but lately I've been feeling like less and less of a priority. During the week days he is "too busy" to text me, so I typically hear from him when his day is over (5:30ish), but I just started school and now I only talk to him for a little bit around 930 at night. I've become used to not talking to him during the days on weekdays, but now its becoming like this on weekends. Saturday
    night we planned to skype, which we did, but while he was playing video games online with his friends - whom he had already spent 5 hours playing with already. When I asked him to stop for the short time I knew we would be skyping he got annoyed with me. Yesterday, I talked to him for a total of 15 mins, and 5 text messages. He didn't do anything yesterday but play his game, watch tv, and take a nap.

So my question is, do I have a reason to be hurt/upset/mad? He makes me feel like I am a crazy gf for wanting to talk to him, but honestly I dont think I am. I feel like I'm not a priority anymore since I'm not near him anymore and if I bring it up he will only get mad at me? Any advice on how to fix the situation?

Communication is key. If you feel like that he's not paying as much attention to you as it feels, then you have to be honest and bring that up the next time you speak with him.

It's fine to feel upset about it, but just know that he probably has a social life to balance along with the online relationship. That doesn't mean that you aren't a priority to him though. Maybe you guys can set up a certain time JUST for you to talk with him/do whatever - so that if anything comes up to intervene with that special time, then you guys can be more flexible to set up a backup time. But again, just have a talk with him and I'm sure he'll be willing to listen and compromise.

Comment

My SO and I go through phases like that and we have been together for over a year now. We will talk everyday for months and then we slowly talk every couple of days for a couple weeks, but it always goes back to talking everyday. We find that when we start talking every couple days that we have talked about everything and we don't have alot to say to one another. When this first started happening I had asked my SO if something was wrong or if I had did something wrong, but he just said "he had nothing new to talk to me about and it was nothing against me." I was kind of hurt at first but the more I thought about it, the more it made sense to me. So you may just be going through a phase of him not having alot to talk to you about. I would just talk to him about it, because that is the only way you are going to get the answer you want. Keep your head up and try not to over think it too much

Comment

Working...
      X