how many of you here...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how many of you here...

By reading many replys it catches my atention that there's quite a few of us right here going through a brake up or has had a recent brake up w their SO's , or are close to braking up, so how many ?

I am actually not going through a break up, but I was thinking about the same thing for the past couple of days. And it actually makes me really really sad! I feel so sorry about all the horrible relationship stories I read here...

Comment

Ii know , I really thought my relationship was strong n steady enough to last blah!

Comment

I'm not breaking up either, but it does surprise me that there's a lot of breaks going on here. O.o

Comment

From my relatively short period if time on these forums it seems to go in waves. Sometimes lots of people seem to be breaking up and other times we get a wave of good news. Me and my SO part on weds so I hope the trend ends soon!

Comment

Hurting...

I've actually noticed that too!! I agree with redapple, it does seem to come in waves here in LFAD. I just broke up with my SO and am seriously aching. Maybe this thread can serve as a form of support for us going through this difficult time! :'( Best of luck to all of those who are still going strong.

Comment

Not breaking up, as far as I know, but there is a massive amount seeming to be having a tough time

I think it's the collage period too. I think a lot of people see it as a change period, even if they're no longer in school. Start of winter months, start of another part of the year... Christmas and new year and summer are the romantic loved up times of year, autumn and January seem to be times of upheaval and renewal...

I don't know. It's just my own personal theory.

Comment

i've noticed that actually lately too...and said something to my girlfriend to see if she noticed it too...actually...some good news for ya then...we have set the date for closing the distance...january 22nd...so there ya go...hehe

Comment

My ex n I broke up in Feb so I feel all of you pain!!! BUT!! You persevere and the pain goes away bc you realize how much better you deserve. And when your ready someone will fall into ur lap and treat each of u like the queens you are!

Personally, Wes and I breaking up was the best thing for me. I shed my antisocial skin, joined dating sites, and dated!! Now I'm in a CD with the most awesome guy ever. But don't tell him I said that...don't need to inflate his ego...lol.

Hang in there ladies! -hugs-
                  "You want for myself
                  You get me like no one else
                  I am beautiful with you

I am beautiful with you
                  Even in the darkest part of me
                  I am beautiful with you
                  Make it feel the way it's supposed to be
                  You're here with me
                  Just show me this and I'll believe
                  I am beautiful with you"

-Halestorm

Comment

Redapple and Skye are right. It always seems to happen in waves. Good things here happen in waves too, though. Just like anything else, you have to take the good with the bad. There's a lot of good things on the forum too.
                    "I'll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms again."

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Met: August 22, 2010
                    Made it official: September 17, 2010
                    Got engaged: January 15, 2012
                    Our First Visit: November 18, 2010-November 28, 2010
                    Our Seventh (and Last) Visit: November 10, 2012-November 24, 2012
                    Got married: November 21, 2012
                    Big Wedding Date: May 25, 2013
                    Closed the Distance: June 2, 2013

Comment

However strange it may sound and it does to me a little...Lol... I'm thinking that the season changing from summer to autumn can bring people down & make people more depressed. The thought of winter approaching & once again your all alone! Also I do think it has a lot to do with LDR in general....their not the easiest of relationships to get through when it's warm outside!! So when it's getting colder it seems only natural to crave some companionship/snuggling when it's getting darker earlier than normal......

Does that make any sense.....Lol...

Started Writing - February 2010
                      First Visit - September 2010
                      Second Visit - June 2011
                      Third Visit & His Release Date - February 2012
                      Our Wedding Day - April 2012
                      Submitted I-130 Visa Application - July 2012
                      NOA1 - July 2012
                      NOA2 - December 2012
                      Fourth Visit - December 2012
                      Closing The Distance - Watch this space

Comment

Originally posted by Oldblighty View Post
                        However strange it may sound and it does to me a little...Lol... I'm thinking that the season changing from summer to autumn can bring people down & make people more depressed. The thought of winter approaching & once again your all alone! Also I do think it has a lot to do with LDR in general....their not the easiest of relationships to get through when it's warm outside!! So when it's getting colder it seems only natural to crave some companionship/snuggling when it's getting darker earlier than normal......

Does that make any sense.....Lol...
                        Yes! Look up Seasonal Affective Disorder.
                        I always get depressed around this time that I'm not with my SO, simply because fall is my favorite season and I've never spent it with him. We've never seen each other during the months of September-December. We've also never seen each other during July.

Comment

Originally posted by eveningsky View Post
                          Yes! Look up Seasonal Affective Disorder.
                          I always get depressed around this time that I'm not with my SO, simply because fall is my favorite season and I've never spent it with him. We've never seen each other during the months of September-December. We've also never seen each other during July.
                          Yes I have heard of SAD.....and I think that's partly to blame for the reason people go through such tough times. But I generally believe that it effects people in LDR more than it would a couple who were living together. Not only do we all have to contend with communicating through phones. computers etc but we have to go without what every couple would normally do and that takes it's toll on a couple. If your feeling down you can't have physical contact with the one you love and get that hug you so need......Oh my am I in desperate need for that right now.........Lol
                          Last edited by Oldblighty; October 9, 2012, 02:44 PM. Reason: spelling error

Started Writing - February 2010
                          First Visit - September 2010
                          Second Visit - June 2011
                          Third Visit & His Release Date - February 2012
                          Our Wedding Day - April 2012
                          Submitted I-130 Visa Application - July 2012
                          NOA1 - July 2012
                          NOA2 - December 2012
                          Fourth Visit - December 2012
                          Closing The Distance - Watch this space

Comment

i broke up 3 weeks ago. his choice to break up with me because of all the reasons he gave me. yea sometimes i can be very sad too eventhou i tried to make myself busy.

Comment

Broke up 3 weeks ago too. Well, things haven't changed in a year, he couldn't make the decision to close the distance, my patience wore out, so it was a natural outcome I guess.

I am trying to stay positive, and although I do miss him sometimes, and I know I will feel really heartbroken when he comes in November (business), I keep reminding myself that there were not many things to miss.

Comment

Working...
                              X