Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help!

This is my first LDR and I'm a bit overwhelmed. I should further say that this is not only my first LDR, but also my first good relationship and love is in the air. It's kind of a triple sucker punch of overwhelmingness. I just wanted to check in to see, well, how to handle all this! He's in Oklahoma, I'm in Maryland. We met in June at a shared geek event (Ragnarok for anyone in the larping community) and talked every night thereafter. Finally, in mid-July he got me a plane ticket to come visit him and in August we spent two weeks together and decided that we would give this whole long distance thing a try. I miss him so much every day. I think about him all the time. I daydream all the time and I don't know whether I'm in the norm here! Does anyone else daydream about him proposing to you? I mean, I'm sure longing to be with him is normal, but...oh, I don't know! I'm just a little lost I guess. Any advice?
    Thanks!

This sounds like me .. I'm constantly thinking about my bf all day long, and I daydream about the days where we can finally be together in the same vicinity without the other one having to leave. Randomly throughout the day I even get really sad and it hurts so bad inside to be without him, anybody else here will tell you the same thing. We all deal with the same thing at the end of it all, no matter how different we are. You have definitely come to the right place

The best advice I can give you is hold onto those feelings for the happiness they give you and keep working towards being together. I can't tell you how much I enjoy getting to mark another day as gone on the calendar, knowing that we're THAT much closer to finally being "together" permanently. Patience and strength are two of the most important things you can have in an LDR and you MUST stay busy! Trust me, the more you have on your plate the faster the time will go by .. also keeps you from going insane from being without him.

Comment

First of all, welcome to LFAD. and Yes you are the norm! The best way to handle this whole thing is reading through all the threads online here and keep yourself distracted. You are living two lives now! One that is your relationship and the other one is your social life. Try to keep them both balanced. That is the only way to make this whole waiting game more bearable until you see him again.
      The most important thing, we are all here for you! If you need anything then just let us know

Comment

First off, I just wanna say welcome to the LFAD! Not sure if you made a welcome thread, but this is the first post I saw.

And secondly, you guys just started dating! The daydream proposal is probably just cause you guys are still in the 'infatuation stages' of your relationship which is completely normal. So much love!! I remember when I first started dating my SO, I would be in class and I'd doodle my SO's name and draw lots of hearts around his name. My friends would say I was so middle school, but I didn't care. hehe I felt like the happiest girl in the world whenever I had first started out in my relationship.

So no sweat, you aren't crazy!

Comment

Welcome to the forum! My boyfriend is also in Oklahoma! Just about 30 mins south of Tulsa.

I'm new to a long distance relationship two, but if I've learned anything in the past two months, it's keep busy, be patient, and communicate. If you don't keep yourself busy you'll spend so much time sitting around a missing him, it can put a lot of stress on you two. Take up a hobby, spend time with friends or family, just keep your mind busy. The next thing is patience, you'll notice that you might not always get to talk when you plan to, or when you think you might, don't let the little things get to you though, just think you'll be able to talk soon and everything will be okay. And then, of course, communication, being able to communicate is important in any relationship, but when you're talking over the phone or texting, it is often hard to know what the other person is feeling, make sure that you are both being honest and open with everything.

Hope this helps. Best wishes!
          started dating: 12/08/12
          "i love you": 04/12/13
          el paso: 07/24/13 - 08/05/13
          montreal: 12/13/13 - 01/03/14
          el paso: 01/05/14 - 01/19/14
          montreal: 05/30/14 - 07/27/14
          el paso: 07/27/14 - 08/18/14
          el paso: 12/27/14 - 01/16/15
          el paso: 06/02/15 - 08/17/15
          san antonio: 02/04/16 - 02/08/16
          san antonio/el paso: 06/03/16 - 06/21/16

Comment

Thank you all! I'm so glad that I'm in the norm. It feels so overwhelming sometimes that I wonder if maybe I'm going crazy, but now I see it's just normal stuff. Luckily, I don't have to worry too much about not having enough to do since I'm a full time college student. Most of the time I'm hoping I can offload a couple things for the sake of sanity!

alittlemind: Mine's right outside OKC, crazy how these coincidences happen!

Comment

Working...
            X