Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

should i just break it off?

hi.
    I dont' know if its because i am still adjusting or not to my new position and being back into a LDR from a CD with my SO, but i have noticed how more abrupt, or perhaps demanding i can be towards my SO at times. Most recent is today- i was going to post this on "things u want to say to SO" thread:

i always feel like i have more to MOAN about you these days than beacuse of you! :/ i cannot afford to drive all the way to my GP in PORTSMOUTH for xmas, then go to PLYMOUTH with you just to spend a day or two more with you before heading back to northampton. I am glad you finally agreed to meet me at my nans for xmas; i do understand you are not a family gathering type of guy. but whats the rush?? I haven't even decided how long I am planning to be there yet. And its not like i'm been unfair either as I am the one that does all the travelling in this LDR, I do all the decision making, and i pay for it and the rent back in plym as well as my accoms atm.

perhaps in future i should sit back and let you take the reins more; i wonder how many visits will be organized then?

the last bit is true- i do all the organizing; both when at LDR and CD. be it shopping to a day out with him. now tbf to him, he can suprise me at times with guestures or ideas. However my overall attitude towards him makes me think if i'm being fair in this relationship and if perhaps its a sign that its really over, but we've not noticed it til now.

I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to ask here, but in my opinion you're just jumping to conclusions. All relationships have rough spots, and just because you're not in the best mood right now (maybe you're stressed about the distance, etc, it could be anything), I don't think it means you should just give up. If you still have good conversations, and you are not constantly fighting with each other, you can still fix it if you want to. If you really love this guy, I say give your relationship a little time to adjust to being away from each other, and see how it goes.
    Last edited by alittlemind; October 10, 2012, 07:26 PM.
    started dating: 12/08/12
    "i love you": 04/12/13
    el paso: 07/24/13 - 08/05/13
    montreal: 12/13/13 - 01/03/14
    el paso: 01/05/14 - 01/19/14
    montreal: 05/30/14 - 07/27/14
    el paso: 07/27/14 - 08/18/14
    el paso: 12/27/14 - 01/16/15
    el paso: 06/02/15 - 08/17/15
    san antonio: 02/04/16 - 02/08/16
    san antonio/el paso: 06/03/16 - 06/21/16

Comment

the last sentence in italics is just being snarky. That is just looking for a reaction, and it wont be a good one. If that is what you want to say to him, you need to find a way to word it differently.
      Remember, not all people are leaders. Not everyone likes to be the one making the decisions, making the first move etc. Dont play games with him. Just put it out there. next time we are to get together, you are to plan everything. from travelling, to what we will do. just let me know when.
      everything happens for a reason. We may never find out what that reason is/was, but there is a reason.

Comment

ty guys. I am alil stressed with things- money is very tight atm and i haven't any friends in this new area atm. we've talked since, and though i am trying to be nice it would be good to see how we are once together again. but thank you for your replies.

Comment

I think its mainly stress getting to you. Getting used to the distance is hard but youll be ok. Give it a little bit. I highly suggest when having a fight to web cam and talk it out that way. Ive found ITA much more effective and easier to fix than if you were texting
          " There is always hope.
          "

Comment

Working...
          X