Abdominal surgery over next visit with my SO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Abdominal surgery over next visit with my SO

I found out that I need surgery to remove a uterine fibroid a few months ago.

Today I found out they want to do the surgery over my Christmas break from university. I'm super excited to finally have this darn thing out of me but I'm frustrated that it's going to be over the next time I get to see my SO. We see each other twice a year--once over the summer and once over Christmas. The past summer was awesome but it ended with him needing surgery and recovering from it for the last month of my visit (two and a half month visit total (longest yet!!)). I loved being there with him when he needed me but we couldn't have sex or do anything really. We were both house bound and got a little shack wacky.

I was looking forward to this Christmas because we would have a month together where we could go out and do things and have fun together. But now it will be another visit where we can't do anything because I'll be recovering. We had tons of sexual plans that I was really looking forward too but now they will have to be jammed into the few days he's here before my surgery.

I know this is a really... unimportant thing to whine about, but realizing this today really put a damper on things.

Any encouraging words?

Rosalynn
    Our Story
    Met on www.chat-avenue.com on December 27, 2010
    Met in person on Decemeber 29, 2010
    Long distance from Jan 2011-March 2013
    Lived an hour away from each other March 2013-June 2013
    Living together June 2013 -August 2013!
    Long distance from Sept 2013 - unknown

Living happily in a monagmish relationship since December 29, 2010

The only encouraging words I can tell you is; your well being and health always comes first.
    So enjoy those days with him before the surgery. It will still be time well spent with your SO.

Comment

Hey, you still get to see him so that's a plus. Plus for me I love when I'm ill and my SO takes care of me. Rarely happens these days because I don't often get sick unless it's bronchitis, and that happens so often he doesn't consider that an illness anymore
      But anyway, the best sexual experiences can happen when you're in a pinch for time lol.
      sigpic
      Began our story ~ July 1, 2007
      Our first LDR ~ August 2009
      Closed the distance ~ January 2011
      He joined the Air Force ~ January 1, 2013
      Our second LDR ~ January 2, 2013
      He proposed ~ July 4, 2013
      Our wedding day ~ December 30, 2014
      Closing the distance ~ Summer 2015

Proud of my Airman!!

Comment

On the bright side he will be with you to help you out. I know if I had to go through that i would want my SO with me. It will be okay. He can always sunggle up with you and watch movies
        " There is always hope.
        "

Comment

Thanks guys. I guess if I had to choose, I would pick to have him with me rather than not. It will be nice to have him there to help and I'm sure we'll keep ourselves entertained. I'm just disappointed. But I'm still really excited and thankful to have him coming home this Christmas again
          Our Story

Comment

He's coming home early! So we'll have a full two weeks before my surgery together Oh how things always work out hehe
            Our Story

Comment

Originally posted by Rosalynn View Post
              He's coming home early! So we'll have a full two weeks before my surgery together Oh how things always work out hehe
              That's great news!

Comment

Sorry I am so late on posting!

Great news that you will have time before your surgery.

I can completely sympathize, as I myself just got scheduled for surgery next Thursday and I am seeing my SO the following Tuesday for two nights only.

I think you weren't whining at all! We want to maximize what time we have together...and that includes intimacy!

Good luck on your surgery.

Comment

Working...
                X