Major anxiety.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Major anxiety.

Im unsure if anxiety is the correct term.

I worry about EVERYTHING. My dad gets upset at me for it and tells me I shouldnt worry so much because I can't control everything.

I worry about my boyfriend.
    I worry about if I can keep the job I just got and have only worked two days. ( even tho everyone says I do a good job there, even the one guy who will be manager at the new store thats opening, he said I was doing just about as good as him and he's been there for a week! I've only been there two days and he told me this on my first day )
    I worry if in a few more years if my boyfriend and I will fall out of love because we've been together for so long and met really young ( 15 and 16 )
    I worry about getting Cancer
    I worry about my outlets in my room catching on fire.

AND I CANT STOP. I can't Not worry. I can't control it and I don't know what to do.
    Not a day goes by that I don't worry about something and most days its more than one thing through out the day.

And all the stuff I worry about is out of my control.

I'm not sure what to do because I can't take counseling for it ( no insurance and a minimum wage job that I worry I may not get to keep )

And I cant just relax and not worry, I may be able to do so for a few hours but my mind will find something else to worry about shortly after that time span.

I don't know what to do but I know this isnt healthy at all.

And you know the old saying about if you worry long enough your worries become reality... but I cant control it, I can't help it. I can't not worry and I dont know why.

Any advice or insite would help a lot. I just dont know what to do.
    " There is always hope.
    "

I've been diagnosed with Social Anxiety Disorder and General Anxiety Disorder. I worry a lot about most of the things you've mentioned, as well. I struggled through 8th and 9th grade before I got the help I needed. I was put on medication for a year, went to therapy once a week for a few months, and now I am doing much better. This isn't something people can generally work through on there own, without professional help. If that is really impossible for you, when I was going through the hard times, I had a few work books that I did (I'm sure they can be picked up at most bookstores) and they actually helped rationalize the fears. Also, I'm sure there is a forum somewhere (just like this one) with people helping each other out and dealing with anxiety. Perhaps there is some sort of support group or something in your area. Try keeping yourself busy, take up a hobby to help relax yourself. Exercise can also be really helpful, maybe pick up some yoga or pilates DVDs from your library. I really wish I could help more, but that's all I have to suggest for now. Feel free to message me if you ever need someone to talk to. I may be young, but I'm a pretty effective problem solver. Best wishes!
    started dating: 12/08/12
    "i love you": 04/12/13
    el paso: 07/24/13 - 08/05/13
    montreal: 12/13/13 - 01/03/14
    el paso: 01/05/14 - 01/19/14
    montreal: 05/30/14 - 07/27/14
    el paso: 07/27/14 - 08/18/14
    el paso: 12/27/14 - 01/16/15
    el paso: 06/02/15 - 08/17/15
    san antonio: 02/04/16 - 02/08/16
    san antonio/el paso: 06/03/16 - 06/21/16

Comment

I as well have GAD and eventually had to go on medications for this despite my trying to work through it without them. The medication does make a huge difference and it does not mean you have to be on them forever. Cognitive behavior therapy works well with anxiety disorders. So I am doing both atm. The plan is once I have the CBT more under control I can start weaning off the medication. Anxiety can be miserable and for some of us it can be debilitating. Also the longer you let it go on, the worse it can get. So, I would suggest to see a counseling center that specializes to start working on your anxiety issues.

Comment

I have generalized anxiety...I also tried to control it without meds, but now i am on med for it and i feel so much better...I can see and feel a bog diffrance. I didnt wanna be on the meds at all for it, but i guess i had no choice...I would cry on a daily basis and i would also worry about EVERYTHING and my mind wouldnt stop going!!!! Now i am much happier again.

Comment

Working...
        X