How to get used to to be again far from him/her? :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to get used to to be again far from him/her? :(

How to get used to to be again far from him/her? It hurts so much.. Can't stop crying.. Thinking about him..

It is sooo hard! When my fiance left after spending a month with me, I was devestated! I cried a lot. It took me about a month to get used to him being gone and for the constant pain to go away.

Here are some suggestions:

- Spend time with your friends and family, as much as possible.
    - Write down memories of your happy times together while he/she was with you.
    - Start a new hobby or get involved in an old one.

All I can say is try to stay as busy as possible and talk to your SO whenever you are able. It doesn't seem like it now, but this feeling will pass.

Nights were the worst for me! On the really bad ones, I would take a notebook to bed with me and write my fiance a letter.

Thought of some more ideas:

- I cleaned/organized a lot to keep my mind occupied.
    - Go to or join a gym or find another physical activity to get involved in. (Zumba classes maybe?)
    - Start a list of the things you want to do the next time you're together.

And remember it's okay to cry and be sad! You are grieving a "loss".
    Last edited by stephanieaz; October 21, 2012, 12:47 PM.

Comment

I agree with what Stephanieaz said, the most important thing is to keep yourself busy. Try not to think about how sad you are, because that will only make it worse. Keep your head up, and remember all the great moments you had together. Just stay positive, even when you might not know when you'll see him again exactly. Most of us here know how you feel, and it is indeed terrible, but you'll get used to being alone again and that makes it bearable. I wish you all the best!

Comment

You need to accept that you are apart from your SO, and work around that. It's going to be crappy regardless, but knowing that you will be re-united soon will also help a lot.

Comment

Thank you all for your suggestions..
          I am trying to keep myself happy about thinking how cool was to see him and have a cool time with him.. It's only 2 days he left and it's already super hard.. Today i starting going to gym, i will make myself busy to think less, but i am not sure it will help..
          One second i feel happy and have a big smile on my face but another second i cry and have lots of tears on my face..
          It seems to be super difficult.. Plus we don't know when we will meet.. Hope soon, but it's super early to think about next meeting..

Comment

Good luck. I hope your plan of going to the gym today helps keep your mind off of things for a bit. My fiance and I aren't sure when we'll see each other again either, so that makes it more difficult, I think. Hang in there! It will get easier.

Comment

eh, yes, agreed. before he came and i knew he will come i felt happy but now when i don't know when we will see each other it gets super hard

Comment

I know what you mean, my SO and I dont live far from each other but its far enough away and we are busy enough that we dont know when we will get to see each other exactly. I work and he is going to college. We have a hard time talking on skype after a visit but we make the best of it. We try to text each other throughout the day, even though his phone hates me and wont always send me his messages, and we skype every night even if its just for an hour. Like everyone said keep busy and when you really start to miss him write him a letter about how much you miss him and love him. Then save it until you see him again and maybe he can do the same when he has free time. It gives you something to read back on when you really miss him and want to hear something from him. Hope things get better for you and you are able to smile without tears again though tears are never a bad thing either

Comment

ooh yees, we do the same.. we are texting each other during whole days and seeing each other in skype often too.. but it feels sooo cool to be next to hiiim that after it its difficult to go back, to see him in skype but cant touch and so on.. but i am happy girl i have him ^^ and he is happy boy he has me ^^

Comment

Yeap as hard as it is your still happy to know that person is yours and you are theirs lol and I know how you feel on seeing them and not being able to touch them as I'm sure many others know the feeling it sucks lmao

Comment

Working...
                    X