whats your opinion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whats your opinion?

Alright so I have this friend, well she was my friend but that will come in a moment. She is the one that introduced me and my SO again, the last time I talked to her was 2 months ago I think. I had finally told her that we had started dating, I hadn't told her right away like I wanted cause something told me she wouldnt take it well but I didn't feel it was fair that I keep it from her either since she was our friend and all. I talked to her sometime after that and had asked her if she was mad since it seemed she was. She had said yes but me being a ditz read it wrong or something because I hadn't asked her why...fast forward to yesterday and I had only then realized she had blocked me on Facebook again...I had thought I wasn't getting anything from her posts because she was super busy. I'm not sure if she is mad because I am going out with my SO or what. I don't think its cause she likes him since she has a bf that she is crazy about but again I'm not sure. It kinda bugs me even though I try not to let it cause well this was one of my friends I was gonna ask to be my maid of honor when I got married and now she blocks me without a reason I can see....not really relationship advice I'm looking for this time just wanna see what others may think on this and maybe give advice on what I could do?

And just in case anyone suggests this she won't answer my calls or text...I tried that before I realized finally that she was mad...

From the information you've given, she's acting pretty childish. Perhaps she is a bit put out that you didn't notice that she was/is mad at you (although she went about showing it in a very passive-aggressive way). If you care about the friendship, I would send her a text along the lines of, "Hey... I noticed you blocked me on FB. Can we talk about this?" If she doesn't respond, I don't think there's much more you can do. She may just need some time to get over whatever's bothering her. It does sound like she could have some sort of feelings for your SO or is just jealous of your relationship in general. It's hard to say without knowing her and knowing more of the situation. Good luck! I hope it works out for the best.

Comment

Thanks I'll give that a shot at a more decent time since its still pretty early here and she may still be asleep thanks for the advice

Comment

How long did you keep the news from her? Her attitude might have something to do with that and she may have felt angry that you couldn't trust her enough to tell her and it frustrated her.

Comment

I think she probably just feels uncared about. It took you a while to tell her. And then when you asked if she was angry you didn't try to work through it with her. And then, who knows how long you were blocked before you realised it. So yeah, I think she's feeling sidelined or something.

Anyway, if you think she's avoiding your calls, block your number before you call her, or call from a number she wont recognize. Or just show up at her place.
          Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

I had this exact problem with my close friend. She used to date my SO before she gave up on him like a year before me and him had contact. She blocked me on facebook, refused to call/text or even talk to me and we were still in high school so we saw each other eveyday - Awkward! haha.

I tried to contact her a few times with texts and emails and then just gave her some space to think about it all and eventually she came to me and we sorted things. She's probably upset you didnt tell her straight away? Either way she is acting very childish towards the situation.

My advice - Send her a text explaining why you didnt tell her straight away, and that you want to sort it out because her friendship is important and see how it goes from there. I doubt she'll stay mad forever.

Comment

Working...
            X