This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Desperate for help. :i

I kind of need you guys help, so here's a bit of what happened.

I've been dating a guy from Portugal for around four months (almost 5 now) I live in Denmark.
    I've been in a few LDR before but no one of them really went that well.
    We talk a lot each day about all kind of things and different kind of subjects.

It went well untill something happened..
    He started acting weird towards me, cold which made me worry a lot.. I confronted him with it and told him how I felt and asked him about what was going on and if something had happened since he suddenly acted weird all of a sudden. He said that the distance hurt him a lot and it made him suffer and that there was some problems going on with his mom, who had lied to him about letting him do almost whatever he wanted, if he got good grades, had a good behavior and such. She started yelling at him and they can't talk together and have a calm conversation without her yelling at him and telling him that he reminds her of his father (his parents are divorced) I've tried to help him by giving him advices, like trying to talk with her again, tell her that he wants to have a serious conversation with her, nothing helps though.
    I've told him that he should try and open up to other people about his problems he's having lately, but he won't, since he doesn't like letting other people know how he feel..

Whenever he's talking with his friends he can act totally normal, but as soon as it's just us he acts totally different.. I've talked with him about it and he said that it was because I knew how he felt and they didn't..

I'm running out of ideas to try and help him.. Everything have changed since that and we can't seem to talk like we used to..
    I wrote him a poem yesterday and it cheered him up a bit.. but it's nothing like before..

So I was wondering if any of you guys had some ideas.. ? :/

It sounds like he's just having a hard time in general right now. The only thing you can really do is be there for him, give advice when it's needed/wanted, and let him know that you'll always be there for him. When life gets the best of someone it's hard to cheer them back up, especially if things are still bad for them.. but it's always helpful to know that you have someone who cares and is there for you.

As for things being different between the two of you, give him some time. I know that I don't really like to talk much, nor do I have the same, normal, upbeat conversations when life is giving me hell or I'm in a down mood in general.. but I do like to have my so around, know that he's there for me, and talk to him. I wouldn't really press the matter too much because it can just add to everything that's already upsetting him. Maybe give him a little space (and take some for yourself) if it's needed, but other than that just be patient for now. He obviously thinks enough of you to confide his true feelings in you, I think the best thing to do is just the things that I mentioned above and not push too much so that he doesn't regret telling you everything that's going on in his life. Things will pick back up, it'll just take time.
    Last edited by XxFranticLovexX; October 24, 2012, 11:33 AM.
    "Babe, I'm totally murdering everyone in this building right now! ... You would be so proud of me."
    This. This is only one of the reasons that I love this man. XD

"I'll surrender up my heart and swap it for yours."
    Por siempre, mi amor. ♥

Comment

Alright, I'mma try and do what you said above, thanks for your advices. :'3

Comment

Working...
      X