Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deleted his FB...but still has an OKC profile?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deleted his FB...but still has an OKC profile?

Okay, so this has been bothering me for a while now. My SO and I both still have active profiles on OKC, the site we met on. Mine says in a relationship, his never changed from single, but that's fine, I know what kind of person he is and he honestly probably doesn't even know how to change it, and it doesn't matter that much to me to point it out. I trust him.

But he deleted his facebook today, and actually didn't tell me. I found out because my friend and I were arguing over race, and I went to see if there was a race option on FB, because I was going to take off my answer if there was, and then I saw that I was no longer 'in a relationship with Jonathan X' but just 'in a relationship.' And that freaked me out. So I searched his name, and he was just gone. And I texted him, asking if he'd deleted it, and he said yeah, and apologized for not telling me, he forgot. Which is totally fine, he has the memory of a goldfish and I think it's funny.

Then on a whim, just because, I checked to see if his OKC profile was still up. And it is. And he was on it today.

I trust him, I do, I'm not at all worried about anything. Because I know that he chose to be in a hard relationship with me, and he didn't have to, he didn't know me all that well when he decided to date the girl that was about to leave on a year abroad. He could easily have said that it was bad timing and done his own thing.

With all of that in mind--I trust him, not worried at all--am I wrong to feel just...off? about the fact that he still has one after deleting the other?

Honestly, I don't quite see the problem here. I can see why it would be weird, but it's something simple to let go of. As you said, he probably doesn't even know how to change the relationship status on OKC, maybe he just isn't a very social networking-type of guy. Plus, Facebook and OKC are two completely different websites - they don't exactly correlate.

Comment

I would feel the same way--off. I mean, not because he just deleted his facebook or anything, but because it seems like he might be using his profile. I'm not saying he's trying to use it to cheat by any means--obviously, you know him better than anyone! But maybe just playfully mention, "So, should we both take the plunge on OKC?" or something along those lines. Just do it playfully and non-threatening wise, and you should be golden. Or just straight up ask him, and casually mention you noticed it.

If your gut's telling you something is wrong, don't ignore it, though. I hope everything's good!
      "I love thee to the depth, and breadth, and height my soul can reach..." ~Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Comment

Just talk about it to him ^^
        Maybe it's nothing to worry about but instead of feelin off, just ask him.

I think that I have 1 old profile somewhere on a dating site but i didn't use it for years and to me its meaningless.

So maybe for him it doesn't mean anything and you shouldn't worry ^^
        ♡ ~~~~ 'When you find something worth fighting for, you never give up' ~~~~ ♡

Comment

Yes, that would weird me out. To me it doesn't make sense to delete a facebook profile over a dating site profile. I figure someone would delete the dating profile, then keep facebook up. I understand if he doesn't like facebook for whatever reason hell I don't have one for my own reasons. If its bothering you though, just ask him. I know I would. Good luck.
          https://wearenottrayvonmartin.tumblr.com/
          Makes my heart feel better a tiny bit.

Comment

Is OKC a dating site?
            "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
            Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Could he have gone on OKC to delete his account there as well and not be able to figure it out so just thought to himself "whatever" ?

I know that when I was on POF it really wasn't evident how to delete my profile.. and when I met someone from there and he wanted to delete his profile too, he ended up coming to me asking me how to do it because it was just frustrating him!
              First met online: June, 2010
              First met in person: August, 2011 (See the story of our first visit)
              Second visit: December, 2011 (Christmas and New Years together!)
              Third visit together: August, 2012
              Fourth visit: December 2012 (Christmas and New Years together!)
              Fifth visit: July 2013 (2 weeks here in Canada)
              Sixth visit: December 2013 (Christmas and New Years together again and I finally met his mother!)
              Next visit: Unknown... for now but coming up ASAP

Comment

@Hollandia Yes it is, its ok cupid. I believe
                https://wearenottrayvonmartin.tumblr.com/
                Makes my heart feel better a tiny bit.

Comment

I would take issue with that too then. Why would you keep a profile and use it if you are no longer looking? If you can figure out how to delete a FB profile then surely the other can be done as well. OTOH, he could have been "on" it trying to figure out how to delete said profile.
                  "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
                  Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Don't assume the worst, unless you have reason to believe that it is the worst.

Comment

if you trust him...then i wouldn't worry about it...not sure what that site is...but...doesn't really matter...maybe he has just made some friends there he likes to keep in touch with?

Comment

I agree with the maybe going on there to delete the account theory.

As for facebook, maybe he just didn't think to mention it, especially if the two of you don't really use it for anything. My so told me when he switched to a new fb account, but that's probably only because we talk there quite a bit.

He may be keeping the OKC account for sentimental reasons as well.. you said that the two of you met there, so maybe he wants to keep it for that reason. I do stuff like that sometimes. *shrugs*
                        "Babe, I'm totally murdering everyone in this building right now! ... You would be so proud of me."
                        This. This is only one of the reasons that I love this man. XD

"I'll surrender up my heart and swap it for yours."
                        Por siempre, mi amor. ♥

Comment

Working...
                        X