Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hoping to avoid this storm

Hello people.

I've been looking forward to seeing my GF for a while, I booked a flight for the 7th November...
    And then today I heard there's some hurricane starting up. I seriously don't need this right now.

Those of you that are experienced in being American, do you know how long this might last for?
    Im meant to be heading to Charlotte, Douglas. Then to St Louis, missouri from there..

I realllly hope i don't lose alll the money i've spent on this.

From what i heard it isnt meant to last toooo long, 3 or 4 days? I might be wrong. My SO was hoping to fly mid week but with this hurricane, he's stuck there for a while longer.
    Im sure they will change your flight and i doubt it'll still be a problem by the 7th.

Comment

You should be fine. It doesn't usually last for more than 2-3 days in the northern regions, and it's not even November yet and everything is hitting already. Should be perfectly clear by the 7th.
      Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
      Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
      Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

I wouldn't be too concerned. You're not going to be in the area that got hit the hardest. The airlines are normally pretty quick at putting themselves back together after a storm too.

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
        Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
        Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
        Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
        Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

Check your airline and airports' websites for information on delays and closures.

Comment

I'm supposed to fly out of here (Montreal, Canada) on wednesday to Chicago and then to Tulsa. I am terrified I won't get to go. As of right now, the airport is closed. I just hope it's clear enough by wednesday morning.
            started dating: 12/08/12
            "i love you": 04/12/13
            el paso: 07/24/13 - 08/05/13
            montreal: 12/13/13 - 01/03/14
            el paso: 01/05/14 - 01/19/14
            montreal: 05/30/14 - 07/27/14
            el paso: 07/27/14 - 08/18/14
            el paso: 12/27/14 - 01/16/15
            el paso: 06/02/15 - 08/17/15
            san antonio: 02/04/16 - 02/08/16
            san antonio/el paso: 06/03/16 - 06/21/16

Comment

Originally posted by kittyo9 View Post
              You should be fine. It doesn't usually last for more than 2-3 days in the northern regions, and it's not even November yet and everything is hitting already. Should be perfectly clear by the 7th.
              The unluckiness is just going up north for a change

And you should be fine with your flight. Storms hit hard and fast.

Comment

you shouldnt have any problems flying into Charlotte. Unless there is another freak storm that comes on the heels of this one, but for NC it is way early for something like that to happen
                everything happens for a reason. We may never find out what that reason is/was, but there is a reason.

Comment

You'll be fine, its only going to last 2-3 days. It'll be over by wednesday (Halloween) night.
                  Made it official: 12-01-10
                  First visit: 3-29-13/4-09-13
                  Closed the distance: 07-31-13

Comment

It wont last long ( we are getting snow from there now thanks to the hurricane its cols and windy as hell ) but dont worry by then it should be gone
                    " There is always hope.
                    "

Comment

you should definitely be good to go by the 7th...

Comment

I think you'll be just fine. My boyfriend had been planning on surprising me this weekend, but I could tell he was nervous about something so he spilled it. His flight into NYC is scheduled for the 2nd and he hasn't heard anything about a flight delay or cancellation. NYC was hit much harder than Charlotte, so I'd be shocked if you had problems.

Comment

I know that Charlotte wasn't hit at all by the storm because that is where my SO lives...they only have flight cancellations for anything flying into the main area that the hurricane hit. My SO works at Charlotte Airport, so I know that you will be fine to fly next wednesday; as I will be flying into Charlotte on that day too!! Happy Travels!

Comment

Working...
                          X