His mom gave me a trip for Christmas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

His mom gave me a trip for Christmas

I can't believe it still! A couple days ago I got a call from my SO's mom and we chatted for a bit. I had asked her for help in finding deals for a hotel in my SOs hometown for the holidays. She talked about how she knew how difficult LDRs were, that she liked me and that she could see how happy I made my SO and how much he loves me. So, she was paying for the 5 nights at a beautiful hotel with a kitchen and such. On top of that, she didn't want me to waste 18 hours on a bus to she was buying me a round trip plane ticket. I tried to talk her out of it (really did) cus I felt really uncomfortable as I'm not used to gifts, let alone like this, but she insisted. I am SOOOOO happy and appreciative. It makes me so happy to know that Im going to be able to see him and have a load off my shoulders (college student broke). Also, it shows me how much better my SO and his mom are getting along which has not the case over a year ago. She really cares about making him happy.
    While I'm there, my SO is gonna have to work a few hours a day and she wants us to hang out while he's away. I think she really likes me! LOL She's always been really great since we met so its not that hard to believe, its just... This is the same woman my SO and I were afraid would disapprove because of our interracial relationship. I think its why my SO waited so long to tell her about us, aside from the fact that they themselves didn't get along to well.
    Time has turned our situation around a whole 180 and I couldn't be happier! =D

Aww that's amazing!! I'm sure you'll have a wonderful trip! It's wonderful when family can and want to help like that!! Enjoy your Christmas!!

Comment

Congrats! It's always great to hear a good news story.

Comment

Thats awesome! Hope you have a great trip! My SOs mom always says she'll help pay for stuff for us, but I always say no cause its things like my flight home to see my family, which I'd feel super guilty about so I get how that conversation must have gone! Enjoy the trip

Comment

That's so great! I hope you have an awesome time.

Comment

Wow, very nice! She sounds great, I'm really happy for you.
            Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Awww that was so nice of her! I know you will have a wonderful time. =]

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

I wish my family was like that for my SO. Thats awesome. Make sure you get her a thank you card. Something small to show you aprichiate it
                " There is always hope.
                "

Comment

I'm so happy for you! Yay for amazing future in-laws.

Hope you have a fabulous time on the trip!
                  "I love thee to the depth, and breadth, and height my soul can reach..." ~Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Comment

Wow, what a wonderful thing for her to do for you both As one poster said I would definitely be sending a thank you card or if you can afford it some flowers....I hope you have a super time........enjoy!!

Started Writing - February 2010
                    First Visit - September 2010
                    Second Visit - June 2011
                    Third Visit & His Release Date - February 2012
                    Our Wedding Day - April 2012
                    Submitted I-130 Visa Application - July 2012
                    NOA1 - July 2012
                    NOA2 - December 2012
                    Fourth Visit - December 2012
                    Closing The Distance - Watch this space

Comment

You lucky luckt girl : )

Grats and Enjoy : D
                      ♡ ~~~~ 'When you find something worth fighting for, you never give up' ~~~~ ♡

Comment

His mother sounds really sweet to do this for you. Congrats and I hope you have a fabulous time when you get there.

Comment

Woah that is so nice of her. I hope u have a great time .

Comment

That is so nice of her! I hope that you and your SO have a great time together! Be sure to get her a small token of your appreciation. It's a nice thing to do.
                            "I'll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms again."

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Met: August 22, 2010
                            Made it official: September 17, 2010
                            Got engaged: January 15, 2012
                            Our First Visit: November 18, 2010-November 28, 2010
                            Our Seventh (and Last) Visit: November 10, 2012-November 24, 2012
                            Got married: November 21, 2012
                            Big Wedding Date: May 25, 2013
                            Closed the Distance: June 2, 2013

Comment

How nice! Things go so much more smoothly when the parents involved are so willing and able to help out. YAY!
                              sigpic
                              Began our story ~ July 1, 2007
                              Our first LDR ~ August 2009
                              Closed the distance ~ January 2011
                              He joined the Air Force ~ January 1, 2013
                              Our second LDR ~ January 2, 2013
                              He proposed ~ July 4, 2013
                              Our wedding day ~ December 30, 2014
                              Closing the distance ~ Summer 2015

Proud of my Airman!!

Comment

Working...