Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boyfriend is MIA?

Okay so a little quick bit of backstory
    The boyfriend lives with his horrifyingly emotional abusive mother at the moment due to being in between moves. I'm going down there in a month and after I leave he's moving to a muuch better place, but until then he's kind of stuck there. His mum often instigates fights and kicks him out for basically no reason, it happens all the time, but usually he's home by the next day.
    Anyway it happened on Sunday and it's now almost Thursday and I haven't heard anything from him. I know he'd text me or call as soon as he possibly could and it's very uncharacteristic of him to make me worry like this and not get in touch with me if he could.

I'm not sure what I should do? I mean I can't really do anything because I have no idea where he is and I have no way of contacting anyone at his house. I don't want to be overdramatic or anything but like it's been 4 days and that worries me. Any advice at all?

No advice, I hope he is okay. Maybe he got kicked out again and left without a phone charger and hasn't had a chance to get to a computer depending on where he ended up. Do you have a home phone number where you can ever talk to his mom?

Comment

He left without a phone charger last time too so I figure that's the case, but it's just strange to me that he's been gone for so long. I trust him like 200% but I'm of course just worried that he's been gone for so long. I don't have a number for his mum unfortunately but I'll definitely be getting in the second I get back in contact with him should this happen again. ughh

Comment

Do you know any friends or other family members of his you could contact, perhaps via Facebook? Does he have a work number he could be reached on? I'd be concerned too in your position, but try not to panic. I hope one of you manages to get in touch with the other as soon as possible

Comment

I do hope you hear something from him soon. Because I know after just one day of not hearing from hubby I get concerned. Just one thing I wanted to ask. Does your SO have money on him? If so then couldn't he have called you from a phone box to let you know he's ok? There are ways of getting in touch with people if your in desperate need. I know when I arrived in Illinois once & my mobile wouldn't work, I asked these two chaps at the station if I could just use their phone quickly to call who was picking me up and they were more than happy to help.

Started Writing - February 2010
          First Visit - September 2010
          Second Visit - June 2011
          Third Visit & His Release Date - February 2012
          Our Wedding Day - April 2012
          Submitted I-130 Visa Application - July 2012
          NOA1 - July 2012
          NOA2 - December 2012
          Fourth Visit - December 2012
          Closing The Distance - Watch this space

Comment

Oh man I can't imagine going that long without hearing from my SO. I can barely go an hour!
            I hope you hear from him soom. *hugs* Keep us posted!

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
            Married April 18th, 2015!!
            Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

Thanks guys, yeah normally he would find a way to get ahold of me somehow but he hasn't. I ended up messaging a family member of his on facebook asking for his mum's number or if the family member could get ahold of her for me. Here's hoping for the best

Comment

I hope you hear from him soon.

Comment

Wow, that is a bit worrying. Hope you get to contact him soon enough though.

Comment

Oh my.....I would be extremely concerned if I hadn't heard from my SO for numerous amount of days, especially if you said he normally finds a way. I so hope you hear soon dear.....If I can help in anyway let me know because you must be struggling right now.......Please keep us informed...
                    Last edited by Oldblighty; November 8, 2012, 04:47 PM. Reason: Made a boo boo

Started Writing - February 2010
                    First Visit - September 2010
                    Second Visit - June 2011
                    Third Visit & His Release Date - February 2012
                    Our Wedding Day - April 2012
                    Submitted I-130 Visa Application - July 2012
                    NOA1 - July 2012
                    NOA2 - December 2012
                    Fourth Visit - December 2012
                    Closing The Distance - Watch this space

Comment

So everything is okay, he's currently staying with his pastor and doesn't have his phone, but managed to get ahold of me. I mean, I'm supposed to go down there to visit in a month so I'm not sure what I'm going to do about that (I guess rent a room for a week?) but I'm just relieved to hear from him. Thanks guys!

Comment

I'm so glad to hear that. It's awesome that he has a safe place to stay. I hope you can get a plan together for your visit. I'm sure he could really use your company right now... Good luck!
                        Met online: Nov 2010 - Met in person: Nov 20, 2010
                        Closed the distance: April 27, 2011
                        Accepted to PhD program 200 miles away: March 2012
                        LD again: July 24, 2012
                        Left School and Closed the Distance for good: March 8, 2013
                        Married: November 1, 2014
                        Started job 200 miles away: February 23, 2015

Comment

Glad to hear he's okay and it sounds like it will be a good time to visit him (if not financially) since I can't imagine that what he's going through is very easy for him!
                          First met online: June, 2010
                          First met in person: August, 2011 (See the story of our first visit)
                          Second visit: December, 2011 (Christmas and New Years together!)
                          Third visit together: August, 2012
                          Fourth visit: December 2012 (Christmas and New Years together!)
                          Fifth visit: July 2013 (2 weeks here in Canada)
                          Sixth visit: December 2013 (Christmas and New Years together again and I finally met his mother!)
                          Next visit: Unknown... for now but coming up ASAP

Comment

So glad to hear he is okay! I agree with the others, I really hope you work out your visit with him as I am sure he would love the support right now.

Comment

Ahhh good, he has a place to stay at for the moment. And you are welcome!

Comment

Working...
                              X