Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just an update :)

Hi guys!

Some of you may remember me from a month or so ago, I posted about my upcoming trip to be with my SO, from Sydney, Australia to Pontefract, UK. Just thought I'd check in again and update ya'll.
    Well, I made it! I survived the 22 hours in the air (10,500 miles is a FREAKING long way, don't know how I managed to think it wasn't) and it was SOOOO worth it. My SO is perfect. All I could imagine and so much more. He's being so supportive, with everything.

I've been having little freak-outs over various things, EG: currency difference (it's about $1.50 Australian to £1, so I have to convert everything in my head back to AUD for it to make sense to me. The food is quite different; which I didn't really expect or think about before moving here. I've fallen in love with Yorkshire puddings and jaffa cakes, things I'd never seen or tasted before now.

I've been here for 5 weeks tomorrow, and it feels like time is just flying by! Christmas is just around the corner and I'm freaking out a bit about spending my first christmas away from my family.

But all in all, things are great. I'm settling in to my new home and job, and life is great.

If anyone has any questions about moving to the UK, or YMS (tier 5) visas, or anything you think I could help with; just PM me and I'll be glad to help.

(: -Alexi

Aww, I'm glad to hear everything's going so well for you. I can't imagine living for so many years without having tried Jaffa Cakes though, haha!

Keep enjoying it, and take care

Comment

I need to have a Jaffa Cake or two when I'm your way .

And I'm glad that you are enjoying it there! How much similarity is there between Australian and British food? I know a lot of it is the same or close to the same.

Comment

Working...
      X