Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has your long distance relationship ever started in the most unusual way possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kittyo9 View Post
    I still get a lot of flack for meeting my SO online on a game ("how do you know he's not just scamming you for a green card?" "how do you know he's not going to steal your identity or stalk/rape/murder you?" "how do you know he is who he says he is?"), so I guess that makes it socially unacceptable.
    Yeah, most people I told had the same reaction

Comment

I actually met my SO through my ex, as they are best friends, and it was when my SO was over here visiting his girlfriend that I met him when he came to see my ex, who was my SO at the time. haha. Even more 'weird' now is that my SO's ex is now in a relationship with my ex XD Yeah...we always just laugh when people ask us how we met/got together. It all turned out great anyway

Comment

Well we met in college through a friend so nothing strange there. I suppose the fact that he was my ex's roommate when I was staying with my ex for a year makes it a bit socially unacceptable. I always omit that part of the story cus the people I've told look at me like I'm an ass lol.

Comment

I met my SO on Facebook through a wall post on a mutual friend's wall where he purposely tried to creep me out...it worked (I changed my privacy settings).

But, I always keep that part out of the story...I get enough weird looks xD

Comment

A friend introduced us before going to a party. It might sound very usual, but since I'm in an international LDR I think it's pretty unusual

Comment

I studied abroad in his country. The first day I was there was really exhausting. I was up for a very long time (24 hours) due to not being able to sleep on the plane. I took a nap and slept through lunch and then ran all over the place, trying to get settled into my new place. I had not eaten since I had breakfast on the plane, so I went to dinner right when the dinning hall opened. I got my tray and stood there for a second, looking around for a place to sit. I saw two guys sitting with each other that looked attractive so I asked if I could sit with them. One of them is my SO.
              Many people think my long-winded explanation is ridiculous but I like to emphasize I was really hungry and tired when I sat with some random people and one of them just happened to be the love of my life...because how often does that happen?

Comment

well ours started on Twitter so yup pretty interesting way we met

Comment

i think there still a lot of negativity about meeting online, i dont get it. I know there are some not so good stories but I think most of the relationships started online are successful. Its 2012 people!!! I know a lot of people are also not in a position to meet a partner in "conventional" ways for various reasons so internet is great. I've known my boy since we were at school, we grew up went separate ways and he married an american lady and moved there - split up and we got back in touch via facebook. The rest they say is history. I salute the internet as without it I'd never gotten back in touch with my gorgeous

"A thousand miles seems pretty far, but they got planes and trains and cars, I'd walk to you if I had no other way"

First visit 23/08/2012 - 05/09/2012
                  Second visit scheduled May 2013
                  Ended relationship August 2013

Comment

I have had various reactions. Some of my friends heard he was international and I met him online and kept telling me to "be very careful". Some strangers that I have talked to heard the story and thought it was very romantic and perhaps destined to be. We met on a Scifi forum. We were just buddies for a long time. I had a rough time of it and decided to fly to Holland for the summer and he said I could stay at his place. I did it. We were dating before the end of the summer. We have some serous hurdles. We have talked about how insane it it but we simply want to be together. I thought it was really unorthodox way to meet until I found this site. LOL. Now my story seems old hat.
                    "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
                    Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Well... we (officially) met because we were dating people who happened to be brother and sister. We didn't get together until years later after those relationships ran their courses, but it is an odd way to meet. We actually met about three times before remembering each other entirely. It was kinda funny.

Comment

Working...
                      X