"Catfish" TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Catfish" TV

Well, I was watching tv the other night and saw a preview for a new tv show named "Catfish". Begins Monday on MTV (I think). From what I gather, it seems like its about people who meet online and this guy (the host?) takes one to meet the other. Looks like good and bad things happen. From people being excited to see each other, to people hiding things from their supposed "loved one". What do yall think of this? I'm interested to see it just to see what its about.

There's another thread on here about Catfish. Personally, I'm excited to see it (well record it and watch later since I'll be on vacation when it premieres). I liked the movie and I think it's interesting. My SO and I actually wanted to apply but decided against it- I lied about what I looked like when I first met him, don't necessarily want the entire world knowing that though. It's probably going to give LDRs an even worse rap though. :/

Comment

Honestly I loved the movie Catfish so I'm excited about the tv show. It really does make me wonder how many people actually lie, it doesn't seem very common at all on this site so maybe if they show a lot of episodes where things go wrong we know it's set up :P

Notes:
      Met: 8.17.09
      Started Dating: 8.20.09
      First Met: 10.2.10
      Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

I think I've mentioned it in a thread before, but I'm suspicious of their motives here. I'm worried that the show will just give an even worse name to online dating than the movie already has.

I also emailed them once a long time ago to ask about international eligibility and they replied VERY unprofessionally. Not rude, just really unprofessional. An no, international couples are not allowed-- it's US couples only.
        Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
        Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
        Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

Hah, am I the only person who hated Catfish? I'm sick of TV shows and movies depicting LDRs in a negative light. I don't think MTV is the best place for it, to be honest.
          Made it official: 12-01-10
          First visit: 3-29-13/4-09-13
          Closed the distance: 07-31-13

Comment

I am disappointed. I thought this show was about catfish.

Comment

Originally posted by kittyo9 View Post
              I think I've mentioned it in a thread before, but I'm suspicious of their motives here. I'm worried that the show will just give an even worse name to online dating than the movie already has.

I also emailed them once a long time ago to ask about international eligibility and they replied VERY unprofessionally. Not rude, just really unprofessional. An no, international couples are not allowed-- it's US couples only.

Oh is THAT what this show is gonna be? I remember my SO emailed them too about international couples (didn't know what the show was going to be called at the time) and they never replied back to us.

Comment

From most of the things I've seen on it, (a few previews) it looks to be mostly negative. Just another thing us couple who met online will have to answer to.
                I can see it now.... people saying.. "Oh, you met online? Have you seen the show catfish?" Grrr oh joy.
                I didn't even know there was a movie. Is it about the same thing?

Comment

Originally posted by iHeartt View Post
                  From most of the things I've seen on it, (a few previews) it looks to be mostly negative. Just another thing us couple who met online will have to answer to.
                  I can see it now.... people saying.. "Oh, you met online? Have you seen the show catfish?" Grrr oh joy.
                  I didn't even know there was a movie. Is it about the same thing?
                  From what I understand, the movie is basically these guys documenting their "relationship" online and how it progresses, and then going to confront/meet her and finding out that most of the info given wasn't really true.

& That's exactly what I'm not looking forward to. :/ But at least we got to meet before this stuff is airing.

Comment

Here's the first trailer that comes up on youtube... I'll let you guys form your own opinions. :P

Comment

Here's the first trailer that comes up on youtube... I'll let you guys form your own opinions. :P
                      I also found this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=562J...eature=related
                      Made it official: 12-01-10
                      First visit: 3-29-13/4-09-13
                      Closed the distance: 07-31-13

Comment

Thanks for sharing the trailer! I'm thinking I might end up watching it at first to see what it's like.. but now I'm scared too that it's going to portray LDRs that meet online in a negative light.. but at least we all here know that many do work out, whatever this TV show trys to portray!

Comment

Err...correct me if I'm wrong, but by the looks of that trailer it looks like that show can potentially ruin some lives. I have a bad feeling about this whole thing. =(

Comment

I share your initial opinion. As with all reality TV shows, they will only document the extreme cases like 5+ year LDR's where neither party has met or seen pictures.

I mean, where is the fun in depicting relationships where the couple gets to meet up every few months and they have regular video and audio chats?

Comment

Originally posted by Black_Halloween View Post
                              Ahh wow this one makes me even more scared.. it sounds like all the couples portrayed will probably have fake profiles.. this doesn't look good... Thanks for sharing the video link!

Comment

Working...
                              X