Lost my job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost my job

I lost my job I only had it for three weeks. I put in 30 hours one week the next they only have me 5 hours after a week off and the same day I worked after being off for week they fired me. Because of my lack of speed and my height.... -_- it was total bull shit and the entire time I was working there I was told I was doing a good job by everyone until the cut my hours

I asked why was told it was because of my speed and not moving fast enough for them . I told her I would work on it then she said she would call me. Never did and I went into work today and at the end of my shift was fired. Like wtf I didn't even have time to work on the problem she then beat around the bush and said part of the issue was also my height and I couldn't reach stuff like the others.

I'm short I may need a stool to reach high shelves but it does not impair me to not work.

I'm so pissed.
    " There is always hope.
    "

Sounds like the exact same problem I had when I was working for Amazon. So sorry to hear about you losing your job. They should have at least given you time to fix any of your issues, or trained you better or something. Anyway, good luck with finding a new job, I hope you find something better.
    “Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.”
    ― Marilyn Monroe

Comment

That sucks! I'm so sorry. They knew how tall you were when they hired you... That's really terrible of them not to give you a chance. Hopefully you'll find an even better opportunity really quickly.
      Met online: Nov 2010 - Met in person: Nov 20, 2010
      Closed the distance: April 27, 2011
      Accepted to PhD program 200 miles away: March 2012
      LD again: July 24, 2012
      Left School and Closed the Distance for good: March 8, 2013
      Married: November 1, 2014
      Started job 200 miles away: February 23, 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Sharon Q
        she then beat around the bush and said part of the issue was also my height and I couldn't reach stuff like the others.

I'm short I may need a stool to reach high shelves but it does not impair me to not work.

I'm so pissed.
        That's got to be completely illegal! And it is definitely total bull shit. You don't want to work in a place that will treat you like that any how. Good luck finding something new....surely it will be better.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurl View Post
          That's got to be completely illegal! And it is definitely total bull shit. You don't want to work in a place that will treat you like that any how. Good luck finding something new....surely it will be better.
          It's not uncommon for places to give you a three month probation in which they can terminate your employment without reason or a valid one.

Comment

I work in an at will state re: employment and hiring.firing.
            There are still cases where firing is wrong to the point of gaining unemployment compensation. And if firing someone for their height isn't legally considered discrimination, it ought to be!

Comment

That's horrible! I'd look into your rights an an employee! Best of luck in finding a new job

Comment

I just lost my job too... I wasn't fired but I was pretty much forced out. I had been doing really well and was on target for everything, but my employer just took a disliking to me. During my 4 week appraisal she gave me a list of personality traits I needed to change about myself... she even mentioned my long distance relationship during my review- said she thought I would be more of a bubbly, confident person since i've travelled and had a long distance relationship. She was so horrible I wasn't eating or sleeping out of stress so knew I had to quit. It's a horrible feeling

Comment

Wow. I don't believe your personal relationships should have anything to do with work. So being in an LDR should have nothing to do with it.

As far as sueing goes I have no proof of what she said. So if I took them to court all she would have to do is say it was for another reason.

A "he said she said" type of case.
                  " There is always hope.
                  "

Comment

Originally posted by snow_girl View Post
                    It's not uncommon for places to give you a three month probation in which they can terminate your employment without reason or a valid one.
                    I agree. Check your contract Sharon, because it will indicate if you were on a probationary period or not.

Comment

Working...
                    X