[insert every possible emotion here]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[insert every possible emotion here]

I am straight up FREAKING OUT right now! It really hit me about a half hour ago that I will be in the arms of my SO for the first time in 48 hours. We've had a rough few weeks as far as communication goes and it almost drove us apart but we've worked it out. I guess I never thought that this would actually be happening. Of course my mind is going a million places playing the "what if" game, but mostly just thinking about how amazing and quick these 8 days with him are going to be!

Some words of encouragement or something anything to help me calm my nerves right now would be wonderful!

Don't play the "what if" game in your head. If you try to hard to plan everything in your head the way you want it to happen, you will just be disappointed when it doesn't happen the way you want it to. So just stay calm and let whatever happens, happen. Just enjoy every second of those 8 days with him, because they will fly by- they always do

I hope that you and your SO have a wonderful first visit and I hope that there are many more to come for you and your SO!

GOOD LUCK!!

Comment

Yes! Enjoy every second, and don't fantasize, lol. Just let everything happen without a program sheet in your head. They will go by so ridiculously quickly, So don't take even one second for granted. Grab every opportunity to be happy and with him.

Comment

Remember to be yourself and that silence is okay you don't need to fill every second with talking like you do on the phone or web cam just enjoy his presence

Notes:
        Met: 8.17.09
        Started Dating: 8.20.09
        First Met: 10.2.10
        Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

I remember exactly how you feel. I said the same thing, that I was feeling every emotion possible. I thought I might pass out waiting for him to come around that corner at the airport.
          I know its impossible, but relax! Just let it happen! Be yourself and enjoy every moment you have together! Have fun!!
          Whatever is meant to be will always find its way.

Comment

Hey, every single one of us who met LD have been through this You're definitely not alone in feeling this way, we've all been there, too. There isn't much, other than pharmaceuticals , that will calm your nerves at this point, but just try to enjoy the anticipation and excitement, remember you only get to meet for the first time once!
            Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

I would feel the same as you! I have 4 1/2 months to go until I meet my SO and I'm always thinking/planning/fantasizing. It is so hard to just let things go and wait and see what happens when your head is racing 90 miles an hour!! I guess you and I need to take everyone's advice and try to relax -- but, dammit, that's hard!!
              February 2012 -- met online
              August 2012 -- he said "I love you."
              April 2013 -- met in person
              June 2013 -- broke up
              July 2013 -- back together
              August 2013 -- 2nd visit
              October 20, 2013 -- He proposed!
              April 22, 2014 -- Married/closed the distance!

Comment

Thank you so much to all of you for all of your support! He just left a few hours ago and it couldn't have been a more amazing visit. I walked right up to him and the second I was in his arms it felt so natural and probably one of the best feelings in the world to FINALLY be with him. It seemed like a dream. When I stop crying I'll post our story.

Comment

Working...
                X