No announcement yet.

"Will you marry me...?"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love this thread just reading it all, makes me so eager to get married! lol I think most of the traditions are the same. For us, he will be the one proposing. Have no idea when and where but he says he's thought about it and knows how he's going to do it. Which makes me think and imagine. It seems all I can think about is getting married to him lol
    I love you Nathan <3
    sigpic
    5/25/09 <3

Comment

We're also quite traditional here, in the way that normally it's the guy who's proposing. I am forward thinking to an extent, but I'd never propose to him.
      Engagement ring is often bought after proposal, worn by the girl only.

I haven't really heard stories of lavish proposals, although I've been to a football match once where a guy proposed to his girlfriend via jumbotron at half time. (Thankfully she said yes.)

I would say yes to him no matter how he proposed really, but honestly, I would be terribly disappointed if he pulled anything like that. A public show like that would make me cringe quite frankly. I'd prefer it to be an intimate moment - certainly no randoms participating :-S

Oh and I know he'd dance at the wedding... he loves to

Like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. - Steve Jobs

Comment

some cool proposals:

https://www.datingish.com/757183295/...e#cuttaganchor

LOL
        our story.

sigpic

02.02.2012 - When we got married and closed the distance once and for all

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

My family is all USA. When my mom and dad got married, it was sort of an agreement. They were moving and wanted a wedding before they left. My parents were broke, but my mom wanted an engagement and wedding ring, so she went by herself and picked out both. And paid for both. She never got a "on the knee" proposal. So she told her current husband that when he proposed she wanted him to get down on his knee. He ended up proposing over the big screen at a baseball game. Close enough, right?

PS- she also picked out her wedding ring this time around too! Though I feel like my family does thing pretty atypically.

Comment

My SO and I have talked about getting engaged for a while now. We've decided that when he's here in January, we're going to go look at rings together. I get to pick out five that I really like, and he makes the final decision.
            As for the actual proposal itself, I have no idea what I want. I'm going to leave it up to him how he actually proposes. I'm sure whatever he does will be perfect. Although, I would prefer it if he didn't do it in a super public place. I would like for it to be just the two of us together.
            He is definitely going to dance at our wedding! I love to dance, and he's ok about dancing. I'm hoping we'll be able to take some ballroom dance classes beforehand. It'll be fun!
            "I'll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms again."

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Met: August 22, 2010
            Made it official: September 17, 2010
            Got engaged: January 15, 2012
            Our First Visit: November 18, 2010-November 28, 2010
            Our Seventh (and Last) Visit: November 10, 2012-November 24, 2012
            Got married: November 21, 2012
            Big Wedding Date: May 25, 2013
            Closed the Distance: June 2, 2013

Comment

I don't really know what is the tradition in Germany. My parents never really got engaged, they just decided to get married and called up the registry office for a date.

I told my boyfriend I want a down-on-one-knee-with-a-ring-in-a-nice-box-proposal. He gave me earringers for our 2nd anniversary in this box - the cheeky bastard

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

wow- I didn't know that was the tradition in Finland- how neat!

I've told my bf that I'd like him to ask my parents for my hand first. I'm only getting married once so I want the whole enchilada!

Comment

Originally posted by Dziubka View Post
                  I don't really know what is the tradition in Germany. My parents never really got engaged, they just decided to get married and called up the registry office for a date.

I told my boyfriend I want a down-on-one-knee-with-a-ring-in-a-nice-box-proposal. He gave me earringers for our 2nd anniversary in this box - the cheeky bastard
                  I loove those rose boxes!!!

and my parents werent engaged either, and they only got maried when I was 6 or 7, even though they lived together for 2 years almost 3 before I was born.
                  our story.

sigpic

02.02.2012 - When we got married and closed the distance once and for all

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

Working...
                  X