Holidays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holidays

Im closing the distance with my SO in January. 5 hours away from my family & friends. I'm not sure what to do for the holidays. Due to my career, I'm required to work lots of holidays and with me starting a new job in January, I'll be low man on the totem poll (working every holiday!). This year, I have all of them off. Should I spend Christmas & New Years with my SO (our very first holidays together!) or with my family (my last in town, but they know ill be back). My SO doesnt care either way. Just looking for your opinions because I'm torn on what to do. What would you do?

I think I'd spend one with family and one with so if that were possible.

Comment

If I were you, I would spend it with your family.
      Although it would be exciting to spend your first Christmas/New Years with your SO, you will get many other holidays with him/her.
      To me family comes first, but everyone is different. Whatever you chose, I hope you're happy with your decision. c:
      Cheers!

Comment

Family, because you'll be leaving soon, it'll give you time to spend together, since you may be working next year.
        Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

I would spend the holiday's with your family. My SO always has to work holidays and he never gets to spend time with his family, it is the one thing that he wishes he could do more often.

Comment

Go ahead and spend the holidays with the family. It's most likely the last time to do so for a long while, so might as well give them some nice family time and memories.

Comment

I'm with the others. Since your SO isn't attached to your decision, I'd say have a nice holiday with the family since you may not get to visit with them on actual holidays next year. Good luck on closing the distance, and at your new job!

Comment

Thanks y'all. I just found out today that because of my new job I'll be moving a couple weeks earlier. So, in order to make up for that, I think I'll spend them with my family.

Comment

Working...
                X