Ladies && Gents.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ladies && Gents.

So,I'm going to visit my SO && there's soooo many things i want to do before i go see him.
    Like, get my hair and nails done get new clothes maybe night time clothes too (;

&& i was just wondering, what are some things YOU do to prepare for your visits? what makes you feel pretty, or pampered??
    I'd love to hear what everyone else does(:

Well I'm a guy so I don't get my hair and nails done :P
    But as soon as I find out I'm to go visit my SO I am in the gym immediately for hours. I don't bother buying new clothes, I just wear the clothes she has bought me (she loves buying me tops, no matter where she is in the world i'm going to have a handful of new shirts) because I know it makes her feel better. I usually invest in new cologne or deodorant though. Her favourite thing about me is how I smell. But that's about it really.

My SO however, when our meet is coming up soon she goes all out. She gets her hair done, she goes waxing, she buys new clothes, etc.

Comment

My nails get done, the *ahem* maintenance shaving happens, if I see a potential grey in my hair, it gets done. I just call it all pre-visit maintenance

Comment

Well.. the two times my SO arrived at the airport, I got my nails done. haha. I never really get my nails done because it messes up my nails terribly, but I did it for him because I know he likes them and it made me feel a little pretty.

Comment

I've never been much of a girly-girl, so I've never had my nails done EVER, haha However, when my SO has been coming over, I like to buy some new clothes or underwear, and I usually obsess over my hair! That, and shaving my legs, and other... *ahem*... parts

Met online: February 2011
          Met the first time: August 16, 2011

Comment

no nails or even hair, really...but I obsessively brush my teeth and tongue. xD And I like to have a new outfit, and my makeup just right. He sees me with no makeup a good 90% of the time, so when we're actually together I like to remind him that I do have the ability to look nice. xD

Comment

Lol i will do the same. Eyebrows ( I actually never do my eyebrows ), new clothes, shaving every area. Make sure my toenails and nails are done. Hair has to be done. Check myself a million times in the mirror.

Comment

A few weeks beforehand I tend to exercise a bit harder, and make sure I'm eating well because I want my skin to glow Then a couple of days in advance, a razor and box of wax strips become my best friends That's about it... I almost never do anything special to my hair and/or nails!

Comment

I would get a fresh cut, new kicks, and threads because she's coming and I want her to get the best impression, and I know how she expects me to be... so I'm most likely going to manscape a bit too :P

Comment

I tend to always keep myself well groomed as far as shaving and such goes (I don't like the feeling of hairy but I do make sure I shave that day), but other things (like plucking my eyebrows, painting my toenails, and such) get refined (every little dark hair gone!)
                    One time I got a haircut before picking him up from the airport. All the time, I put on my all my best clothing (especially anything new I have that I didn't have previously). I also clean everything I can to the best of my ability and vacuum out my car. It's always a rush on the day of...

Comment

I'm not typically a very "girly girl", but I did go get a mani & pedi before my fiance came to visit, along with some new clothes and shoes. Oh, I also bought a few new make-up odds and ends. That's about it as far as pampering goes.

Ooh... also got my eyebrows waxed. Almost forgot.
                      Last edited by stephanieaz; November 20, 2012, 11:45 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

I'm feeling bad for my SO now! The only thing I do is be certain everywhere is shaved up. I always try to keep my eyebrows tidy, and I never do anything with my hair, nails, face, anything. As the mom of a toddler, fancy might be to use a spritz of perfume?

Comment

Woman here. Well, it's tradition now that the day before I fly to see him I always have a two-hour appointment at the beauty salon. It's just waxing (legs, armpits and private area) and eyebrow plucking. I have never had my nails done and don't really see the point. I do however apply dark polish on my toenails (myself) because it makes my feet look pretty
                          I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

Ahhh I love the "prepping". I guess I do must the things that were mentioned already, except manicure/pedicure.. Well not at a salon, but i love all kinds of nail polish..

I think I spend more time thinking about how I want to do my hear, what do wear, what nail polish etc. than I do actually getting ready.. But I find thinking of these things and "planning" in my head is a nice way to get exited about going to see him and making time pass

Comment

Originally posted by blankita719 View Post
                              My nails get done, the *ahem* maintenance shaving happens, if I see a potential grey in my hair, it gets done. I just call it all pre-visit maintenance

Pretty much!!! I mean it shouldnt matter what you look like, but hey, your confidence is thorugh the roof when you feel you are at your best!
                              Got together Jan 3, 2011~ Closed the Distance March 23, 2012~ Living Together Since June 19 2012~ Future TBD......

I miss you more than I ever could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal." ~ Vita Sackville-west

Comment

Working...
                              X