Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surprises.

Hey all,

I've not been around in a while - sorry about that. I've been studying and now I'm at the snowfields before I head back to university.

Anyway...

Matt is hopefully coming over in December (less than five months, now - we're past halfway!) and I want to surprise him not only with an awesome Christmas present (Roar & Snore) but also with a 'Welcome to Australia' gift pack. I'm going to fill a box with some Australian things that he can use while he's here, but also take back home with him.

Things I want to include are:
    • Australian flag thongs (flip-flops)
    • Boardshorts
    • Zinc
    • ANZAC biscuits
    • Wife beater (white singlet)
    • Nice t-shirt

I was wondering if anyone could suggest anything else to get him? I'm planning on leaving it on the bed at the hotel when he arrives, or wherever we head to first to put his luggage...

Also, anyone know any nice and relatively cheap places to stay in the middle of Sydney for a couple of nights?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Sarah M; July 17, 2010, 03:08 AM.

My SO lives in New Zealand and she got me a sim card for my mobile phone so that we could call each other for free when we couldn't be together. She also got me a Snapper card so that I could use the bus. Tim Tam's would also be nice; I loved them!

Comment

A great hat especially for summer!

Comment

My sister did something similar when Obi came over... it was mostly food though. I think she googled all products that we only have in aussie. aeroplane jelly was a big hit, as were kingstons and weetbix. The vegimite sadly was not
        Everyone needs a pair of Aussie flag boxershorts, and possibly a little bottle of bundy rum if he drinks.

Oh! and an Australian slang dictionary
        Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Hey NaNi,

Thanks for the reply. I really like the Tim Tams idea. I forgot how much he liked them. I'll definitely add them to the list. We use Skype more than phone calls, so I don't know if the calling card would be necessary, but it's a clever idea.

Cheers,
          Sarah.

Comment

Hey Eternity,

Thanks for the idea! I reckon an Aussie cap would go well.

Cheers,
            Sarah.

Comment

Hey Zephii!

It's been a while. How are you?

I might make him some jelly when we get to my place. I reckon that's a good idea. See, they have Weetabix in the UK so I don't think Weet Bix would be that exciting for him... Yeah - he likes Marmite, not Vegemite. I still tease him for that. I like the boxer shorts idea and I might get a little Bundy Rum bottle anyway. He might like it. Ooh. The dictionary I like!

Cheers,
              Sarah.

Comment

Working...
              X