Dealing with Illness?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dealing with Illness?

Obviously, it's never nice when an SO is suffering from medical problems, but I find it so much worse when it's long distance. My SO is recovering from major surgery right now, and even thought I know he's going to be fine, I feel so helpless, knowing that he's in pain and suffering and that I can do nothing to help. Anyone else find this sort of thing difficult? Anything you do to try and make it easier for your SO?

Hi Amber, we're in the same situation.
    My SO has an illness too. I'm trying to not give her stress because she suffers a lot,
    There are some problems too, can't share. Family thing.

I give all my time for her and staying up all night and even morning.

Time is all we need, they need support from us.
    After all that we've been through, It all comes down to me and you.
    I guess it's meant to be, Forever you and me, After all.

Comment

I agree, time and support are the best things we can give. But it still makes me feel guilty that I can't be there with him when he's suffering.

Comment

I really understand that feeling! My SO got extremely ill a few weeks ago, and it led to little fights and me sobbing, simply because I wasn't there, and he wasn't taking care of himself like I thought he should. Just be supportive. Maybe send a care package? I sent cookies and tea. ^.^

Comment

Originally posted by C_loves_L View Post
          Maybe send a care package? I sent cookies and tea. ^.^
          yahhhh, try this one. the fact that it was only a neighbour country.
          your SO will receive it quickly.
          After all that we've been through, It all comes down to me and you.
          I guess it's meant to be, Forever you and me, After all.

Comment

When I had my Wisdom teeth removed ( all four at once ) My boyfriend let me whine and cry on the phone to him, something he normally can't stand. Normally if Im upset he will get off the phone because he hates to hear me cry.

You can always send your guy videos if he has internet, send him some funny vids to get his mind off of things.
            " There is always hope.
            "

Comment

Luckily nothing major has happened to either of us in terms of health. But even little things drive me nuts. I hate knowing that he's ill or feeling bad in any way since i can't do much about it. We have both sent each other packages when it happens though. I think you just have to try to be sweet and supportive as much as you can long distance.

Comment

Working...
              X