One of those Days!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of those Days!!!

Start my afternoon with my regular work week, going through the motionx. Apparently it was couples night, tons of couples coming in the store holding hands, and little smoochs here and there.

I've never felt so incredibly envious in my life!!!! I miss my SO, and i cant hold her nor kiss her !!!!

How many of you LFAD members experienced this?

My best friend's husband is Norwegian and he just got his permanent residency and came back here with her Saturday. I've spent the last two nights with them and as much as I'm happy for them because I know what they've had to go through, I can't help but be so envious and sad that my SO isn't here with me too.

Met online: 1/30/11
    Met in person: 5/30/12
    Second visit: 9/12/12
    Closed the distance: 1/26/13!!!

Comment

Today my cousin sister is getting engaged i m sooo happy for her... But feeling envious and sad i also want get engaged to my SO about which i dont see any progress yet

Comment

Of course, I wish I could be with my SO. But I'll tell you a story about one time I felt this way.

I was at the train station, heading home from my office. I looked across the platform and saw a guy and girl just plastered to each other. They never stopped touching. Hugging, kissing, just laughing together and enjoying being together, even in the gross train station, surrounded by lots of people. I was so jealous. I really wanted my SO to be there with me to. I wanted exactly what they had in that moment. And I was mad at them for having it when I didn't. I was so... hateful because they didn't know the pain of not being able to be that close. They took it for granted.

Then, I looked a little closer. There was a suitcase next to her. Then it hit me. The had been apart. They were coming back from the airport or bus station or something. I was completely wrong about them. And I felt so happy for them, just seconds after the jealousy and anger. I was so glad they got to have those moments together, like I know I will in the future. I knew I was going to see my SO and have that. There was no need to feel that way.

That moment really changed how I see other couples when I miss my SO. Not that I don't envy them sometimes, but... I just remember that I don't know anything about them or where they've been or the pain they have to deal with in their relationship. And, then, I always know, there will be a time when I'm with my SO, and we're in public somewhere, inseparable. Touching, kissing, holding hands. And I won't even notice those other people. It's just a matter of timing.
        Met online: Nov 2010 - Met in person: Nov 20, 2010
        Closed the distance: April 27, 2011
        Accepted to PhD program 200 miles away: March 2012
        LD again: July 24, 2012
        Left School and Closed the Distance for good: March 8, 2013
        Married: November 1, 2014
        Started job 200 miles away: February 23, 2015

Comment

Originally posted by sewbama View Post
          Of course, I wish I could be with my SO. But I'll tell you a story about one time I felt this way.

I was at the train station, heading home from my office. I looked across the platform and saw a guy and girl just plastered to each other. They never stopped touching. Hugging, kissing, just laughing together and enjoying being together, even in the gross train station, surrounded by lots of people. I was so jealous. I really wanted my SO to be there with me to. I wanted exactly what they had in that moment. And I was mad at them for having it when I didn't. I was so... hateful because they didn't know the pain of not being able to be that close. They took it for granted.

Then, I looked a little closer. There was a suitcase next to her. Then it hit me. The had been apart. They were coming back from the airport or bus station or something. I was completely wrong about them. And I felt so happy for them, just seconds after the jealousy and anger. I was so glad they got to have those moments together, like I know I will in the future. I knew I was going to see my SO and have that. There was no need to feel that way.

That moment really changed how I see other couples when I miss my SO. Not that I don't envy them sometimes, but... I just remember that I don't know anything about them or where they've been or the pain they have to deal with in their relationship. And, then, I always know, there will be a time when I'm with my SO, and we're in public somewhere, inseparable. Touching, kissing, holding hands. And I won't even notice those other people. It's just a matter of timing.
          You are absolutely right.. we dont have any idea about others couples what they have been through in their relationship.
          SO our days will also come

Comment

Originally posted by sjaimangal View Post
            Start my afternoon with my regular work week, going through the motionx. Apparently it was couples night, tons of couples coming in the store holding hands, and little smoochs here and there.

I've never felt so incredibly envious in my life!!!! I miss my SO, and i cant hold her nor kiss her !!!!

I feel it quite a bit. I tend to find myself picking a good memory time after time when I see other couples. In particular, I remember the first breakfast my SO and I went to. We walked to the little diner so we were kinda cold and holding hands the whole way. The way she looks at me from across the table is something I love to think about when I see other couples. Just remember, the distance between you two isn't forever. Find that amazing memory and hang onto it when you feel lonely. It may not work for you but it's how I do it.

Comment

You will have those kinds of days but never let those thoughts sink in, always stay positive NO MATTER WHAT! There are so many creative things to do with your ldr partner but you have to try and things will work out.

Comment

Happens all the time lol. I know that each couple has their own story and its not like i get mad at them, its just that i wish i could hug and kiss my bf too. Dont worry, it happens to the best of us.

Comment

Originally posted by sjaimangal View Post

I know exactly how you feel. Its so hard sometimes.
                  Last night I was working security for a company christmas party, and everyone there was a couple. I guess its unacceptable to go these events without a date? They were all dancing, drinking, and smiling and basically enjoying the company of their SOs. I've never been so jealous in all my life

Comment

Yep, I'm having this issue this weekend. Everyone is doing things with their SO's. Putting up Christmas decorations, shopping, etc. Even on Facebook there are pictures of everyone as couples more so lately than before. I guess we all have these days. Its good to know we're not alone. But yall are right, no one knows what goes on in relationships. And we are envious of every day contact, that so many people take for granted. Gosh I can't wait to close distance.

Comment

Originally posted by sewbama View Post

This gave me chills. What a beautiful story. I do hope those two get to be happy.
                      And like the rest here, of course there is pain. It sucks. I am in m last year of High School as a senior and there are always people nearly humping in the halls and eating eachother's faces. I wish they would stop and it is obnoxious, but I can deal with them. There are two classes I have with couples just ON eachother everyday.

But the part that hurts most is in my English class. Next to me sits a kid and in front of him sits his girl friend. They have been together all of this school year -and the same amount of time my SO has been away at Basic training. They I cannot even look at. The two are not just horny teenagers like the mayjority of those at my school. They are oviously so into eachother, always looking at eachother. The guy almost always has his hand out to touch her back and just always touching. It is so sweet that it often makes me sick. I would do anything to have my John with me, but I just have to suck it up and look away.
                      But the very worst part is that he shares the same name with my SO, so it is like a slap in the face every time. :/

All we can do is stay strong. Our time will come.<3
                      ~Tell me every day that I get to wake up to that smile.~
                      ~I wouldn't mind.~
                      ~I wouldn' mind at all.~

First Meeting:
                      December 22nd
                      <3

Comment

Working...
                      X