Second Honeymoon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Second Honeymoon

Do you think it's possible for couples to go through a second honeymoon phase?

It definitely feels like I am with my SO right now We obviously had one at the beggining of our relationship up until we closed the distance for the first time. Our relationship was not in good shape before I went away. Being long distance again was the most beneficial thing for our relationship at that time (Absence makes the heart grow fonder?) Now we've closed the distance for a second time, our realationship is better than ever!
    Si tu n'etais pas la
    Comment pourrais-je vivre
    Je ne connaitrais pas
    Ce bonheur qui m'enivre
    Quand je suis dans tes bras
    Mon coeur joyeux se livre
    Si tu n'etais pas la

Love that will not betray you, dismay or enslave you. It will set you free.
    Home could be anywhere when I am holding you

"DONT RUIN MY DREAM OF MINITURE HIPPOS"

I think the honeymoon stage comes and goes. At least I feel that way for my relationship. We go through comfortable periods, were there arn't full of excitement or butterflies everyday. But then right before a visit, or right after or just at random moments it comes back and last awhile, he makes me get all giddy, my face hot with his words, butterflies, dreams of him, the spark definitely hasn't left. I think that's one thing about being in a LDR it prolongs the "honeymoon" stage. Or at least revives it. Because when a visit comes all that built up anticipation, and we can't get enough of each other when we see each other. 3 years for us and it still comes and goes.
    I love you Nathan <3
    sigpic
    5/25/09 <3

Comment

I think 2 are possible for an LDR couple, one at the beginning of the relationship and the second after closing the distance

Notes:
      Met: 8.17.09
      Started Dating: 8.20.09
      First Met: 10.2.10
      Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

I also think it comes and goes. My SO and I have been together for just about 3 years now and we go through lots of phases on and off. Most of the time it's on. hehe We are so lovey, especially when we're together, it makes people sick! Last time I was there, which was in October, her father said you couldn't even put a sheet of paper between us we are so close and cuddly. We just can't get enough of each other.

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
        Married April 18th, 2015!!
        Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

When I closed the distance with my SO we didn't really have a honeymoon period. I was starting grad school, he was working a lot. We were just really busy and stressed. But I think, one day, we will have another one. It'll be a very different thing though. That first honeymoon phase is figuring out who they are and being so excited by it. The second one... You know them. And you are just excited to have them and be near them and everything you know about them makes you want to be with them more.

As far as distance making the heart fonder, I'm sure that's part of it, but I think more is that distance forces you to communicate more clearly and precisely. For some relationships, that spells the end. For others, it can really help them grow and evolve and bring you together. I think I talk to my SO a lot more now than I did when we lived together. We probably go on more dates, too, however you define it (though with visits about twice a month, actual dates pretty frequent, too). We also tend to talk more about important things, and less small talk (like what's for dinner? because we don't decide together, etc.). Just take the lessons you learn from being LD back into your CDR and I'm sure you'll keep the strength you've developed.
          Met online: Nov 2010 - Met in person: Nov 20, 2010
          Closed the distance: April 27, 2011
          Accepted to PhD program 200 miles away: March 2012
          LD again: July 24, 2012
          Left School and Closed the Distance for good: March 8, 2013
          Married: November 1, 2014
          Started job 200 miles away: February 23, 2015

Comment

i would defo agree with others here and say that when it comes to visits the pent up excitment does bring on a honeymoon phrase. However not all closing the distances creates that fast sense of bondness. In our first LDR after spending 7 months away i finally came back.. the first 2 weeks were weird, i could not get reaccustomed to living together again, spending nights / and days just watching TV or playing ps3- i wanted to be DOING stuff. walks etc. it wasn't until he suggested a day out surfing that i finally felt them butterflies.

we're into our 2nd LDR now and still when visiting all the emotions get crammed into 1 weekend of soppiness. if i stay longer it tneds to slip back into our lived-in routine. but still love it!!

Comment

Typically, in a good relationship, the "ga-ga" feeling ebbs and flows. I go through honeymoon phases with my SO every few months.

Comment

Originally posted by sewbama View Post
                It'll be a very different thing though. That first honeymoon phase is figuring out who they are and being so excited by it. The second one... You know them. And you are just excited to have them and be near them and everything you know about them makes you want to be with them more.

As far as distance making the heart fonder, I'm sure that's part of it, but I think more is that distance forces you to communicate more clearly and precisely. For some relationships, that spells the end. For others, it can really help them grow and evolve and bring you together. I think I talk to my SO a lot more now than I did when we lived together. We probably go on more dates, too, however you define it (though with visits about twice a month, actual dates pretty frequent, too). We also tend to talk more about important things, and less small talk (like what's for dinner? because we don't decide together, etc.). Just take the lessons you learn from being LD back into your CDR and I'm sure you'll keep the strength you've developed.
                I agree. The reason being long distance was so good for us was becuase it forced us to start communicating with eachother again. We know now each other better than before but can still stay up into the early hours of the morning having long chats :P We tend to do stuff now that we used to do with each other long distance, like, he'll show me a funny youtube video or we'll catch up on the days news together. We never used to do that the first time we closed the distance.
                Si tu n'etais pas la
                Je ne connaitrais pas
                Ce bonheur qui m'enivre
                Quand je suis dans tes bras
                Mon coeur joyeux se livre
                Si tu n'etais pas la

Love that will not betray you, dismay or enslave you. It will set you free.
                Home could be anywhere when I am holding you

"DONT RUIN MY DREAM OF MINITURE HIPPOS"

Comment

Working...
                X