Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question: who started dating before they met?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question: who started dating before they met?

Hi everyone!
    I'm a university student now, and I have to write my final research essay for academic writing soon. I chose the topic "Online initiated relationships are as real as physical ones". I've already submitted my draft, on misconceptions and difference in contact, the fear of misrepresentation etc. But I'd love to ask someone who is/has been in this situation some questions.

So is there anyone who started dating before they met who would be okay with answering a couple of questions within the next two weeks? Would be highly appreciated! It would mostly be about your own experiences.

It would be awesome if it's someone who can write slightly academically so that I don't have to change what you say too much, and it fits in with my own writing. (I'm Dutch so not a native speaker, so my own level of academicness isn't that high, don't worry )
    Thank you in advance!

Shane and I met online and haven't met in person yet, I would be willing to help and I'm sure he would too.
    "You let me in your heart and out of my head."

Comment

I'd participate! My SO and I were in that situation. Also, writing makes up a good 50% of what I'm doing for my own degree, so I'd probably quite enjoy it

Comment

I'd like to participate, if you'll have me. We were dating for close to eleven months before meeting in the flesh.

ETA: Special thanks to the OP for reminding me that today is actually the third anniversary of us meeting for the first time
        Last edited by TwoThree; December 3, 2012, 05:08 AM.
        I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

Sure, I'll help out if you still need people.

I met my So online almost two years ago, met him in person this past summer, and we were together for about 3 months before meeting. ^^
          "Babe, I'm totally murdering everyone in this building right now! ... You would be so proud of me."
          This. This is only one of the reasons that I love this man. XD

"I'll surrender up my heart and swap it for yours."
          Por siempre, mi amor. ♥

Comment

I would also be available to be interviewed, if you'd like. We didn't go very long without meeting- started dating at the beginning of August, didn't meet till the middle of October- but we were committed and in love before we ever laid eyes on one another.

Comment

My SO and I! We started dating even before we met in person. Now we've been together for over 3 years. We also married and closed the distance. Now we are living in my hometown. We will plan to go stay in US once we finish our Calendar Project sometime in 2014.

I would love to help you with your research :-)

Comment

I'm more than up for it as well if you still need people My SO and I dated for about 7 months before meeting in real life, we've been together for over a year and 3 months now and we've been seeing each other 5 times so far So yeah, I'd love to help you out if you still need people!

Met online: February 2011
                Met the first time: August 16, 2011

Comment

My SO and I have been together since mid July and not met face to face yet. ^^ I am willing to help if you need it, although with so many people, I don't know why you would choose me. Lkl
                  ~Tell me every day that I get to wake up to that smile.~
                  ~I wouldn't mind.~
                  ~I wouldn' mind at all.~

First Meeting:
                  December 22nd
                  <3

Comment

My fiance and I dated for four months before we met in person. I would be willing to answer questions and I think he would be too, if you need.

Comment

I would love to help you

Comment

I can help you out if u like and i also speak dutch .

Comment

Looks like you've probably got more responses than you need but I wouldn't mind chipping in
                          “The ties that binds us are sometimes impossible to explain. They connect us even after it seems like the ties should be broken. Some bonds defy distance and time and logic; Because some ties are simply… meant to be.” - Grey’s Anatomy

>Little Box<

Comment

Yep, as Melissa already said I'm fine with helping if you need us.

Comment

sign me up i'll answer a few questions

Comment

Working...
                              X