I appreciate my SO because....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I appreciate my SO because....

I know there is a "I love him/her today because..." thread but I feel like appreciation and love can be the same, yet very different. I love my SO for a lot of different reasons but I appreciate her for them in a different way.

I really want this thread to reach beyond just loving someone for things but as to why you appreciate them. Whether it be something they do for you, because of you, to you, etc. I just think appreciation can be very powerful, especially when we as LDR's don't have the chance to show our appreciation. I'd like to go first because the last week has been amazing on so many different levels.

My SO and I have only been together for a short time but I've come to appreciate her as much as I love her. Today, I appreciate my SO for being a strong-willed, independent woman who chose to include me in her life at the most sensitive levels. I've never had the pleasure of being included so deeply in someones life and I'm thankful each day my SO allows me to be a part of hers.

Edit: I'm really glad people have had a positive response to this thread. I hope we can keep this going and give everyone more inspiration! Thank you everyone for posting and sharing!
    Last edited by Travey; December 5, 2012, 11:13 PM.

I appreciate my SO because he knows that I have been having a rough time lately and sent me flowers yesterday to brighten my day. I know he's going through his own stuff right now, but he has been my rock and has been understanding, supportive and seems to have unending patience.

Comment

I love this thread, I also think appreciation is very important to have along with love, even more so if you can tell some of the things you specifically appreciate in him/her as a person, reminds you that you are not simply in love with someone, but that that someone is a wonderful person.

I appreciate my love because he is the most thoughtful person I have ever met and what makes it even better is that he doesn't even notice when he is doing it, it's so sincere, like it's a natural part of his personality to seek the best solution before even the situation arises so he is always ready. It's not only the most practical solution either, but really the best, such as taking into account the situation, feelings, culture, timing and anything really. This applies to big decisions obviously but it also shows with tiny things like for example, I am very forgetful and he will remind me of something I mentioned I had to do with enough time for me to not to freak out and be in a rush, or that he noticed his sister's tv was acting up and he fixed it on the spot while we were visiting, perhaps another way of saying it would be to say that he takes good care of his loved ones.

Comment

I appreciate my SO because he knows not only how much I need him, but in what way. Like how I need him to be there for me, or to forgive my issues and let it go and comfort me, or let me vent. He knows I have needs and he meets them.
        I love you Nathan <3
        sigpic
        5/25/09 <3

Comment

I appreciate my SO's fierce loyalty. When we said our first 'I love you's' he warned me- once he loves someone, he loves them like crazy, and will never stop. And I truly, truly believe that. I will never have to worry about him finding somebody else, or leaving me. He will wait forever, and he will always be there.

Comment

I appreciate my SO because when he moved from our hometown in Georgia to Southern California, he chose to continue our relationship even though we both knew it would be the hardest thing we had ever been faced with. Though we had been together for 3 years, he still could have broken up with me in hopes of finding a beautiful SOCAL girl. But instead he valued our relationship enough to stick it out, and two and a half years later we are still going strong. I appreciate his determination and faithfulness.

Comment

I appreciate my husband for not giving up on our relationship and us, even though there were times where I felt I couldn't move forward with things. He shows me his undying and devoted love towards me no matter what happens. He reads me like a book and understands me so much, it frightens me. I really appreciates him taking care of me when I'm feeling ill. Love him!

Comment

Because not a day goes by that he isn't trying to find a way to make closing the distance sooner a reality. He's the only one who can make something actually happen at this point in time (I'm stuck here in uni until 2015), so the effort he's putting into working on the issue means the world to me

Comment

He gets me. He never lets me down.

Comment

Today, I REALLY appreciate my SO for helping me with my own family problems. My uncle, who disowned my mother for a stupid reason, has suddenly tried to come back into her life. I'm really angry and hold a bit of a grudge. She was able to help me understand what I should do/not do. She really is an amazing woman and I appreciate how she can help me clear my head and come to a rational decision.

Comment

He's paying for my upcoming dental work that I HAVE to have done by the time I leave. I really, really, appreciate it because he definitely doesn't have to but he's just that great.

Met online: 1/30/11
                      Met in person: 5/30/12
                      Second visit: 9/12/12
                      Closed the distance: 1/26/13!!!

Comment

I appreciate my SO because he cares so much. Even when he is away and in intense physical training at Basic, when he gets my letter about having awful nightmares, that is the first thing he questions me about when getting our weekly call. He doesn't care about talking of any the horrible things he has to endure or the exhaustion he faces, he is just concerned for my own mental well being. He always knows just what to say. He sees right through me and and slaps me awake- this is one reason I appreciate my love.
                        ~Tell me every day that I get to wake up to that smile.~
                        ~I wouldn't mind.~
                        ~I wouldn' mind at all.~

First Meeting:
                        December 22nd
                        <3

Comment

Working...
                        X