Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help ?

Hi, I hope someone can help me.
    To make a long story short, when I first met my current boyfriend (LDR) online last year, I have never expected that I would be in a long distance relationship, when he met me I was very sick (mental) and lied about many things. Because I have got used to lie about everything to seem more cool, it didn't help that people were online and I thought "I'm never going to meet them, so they don't know if it's true or not" I lied about my past, and I lied to everyone about it. I tried to seem cool, because I always had been the boring girl.

When we then started to be together, I told him the truth. That things were not like I have told them, and I was really sorry. He did go into my account and read that I have also told to other people things, and therefore he meant that all I had told to everyone must be true :/ so he don't believe the truth I tell him now. I try to show him that I'm sorry, but there is no way he want to believe me.

Is there anything I can do? How can I show him that I tell him the truth now?
    I really want him to forgive me for my mistakes and not be angry at me all the time, and believe things about me that are not true.

So he doesn't believe you're telling the truth now because you told other people the same lies? Tell him again that you lied about everything to everyone. You're sorry you lied but you didn't think you would ever meet them/him and just wanted to seem cool because you don't see yourself that way IRL. If he still won't believe you're telling the truth then it's his fault and one day if he realizes it and gets mad you can tell him you tried to come clean but he wouldn't listen.

Notes:
    Met: 8.17.09
    Started Dating: 8.20.09
    First Met: 10.2.10
    Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

obviously depending on the kind of stuff you lied about is there anyway you could prove things to him? im thinking hes probably a little paranoid, especially because he's not with you, that the new set of things you've told him about yourself which are true could also be a lie. Obviously he should trust you but its does kind of need to be earnt imo so either give him time to forgive and gain that trust or if you can maybe help prove that you've changed.

Comment

Keep repeating that those were lies and this is the truth now. Like an above poster said, if there's a way to prove it, do that. It may take time, it would be hard to know what to believe from someone over the internet who told you things and then said they were lying. How could you possibly know which is the lie? But hopefully with persistence he'll come around and accept it and you'll be able to move on.

Met online: 1/30/11
        Met in person: 5/30/12
        Second visit: 9/12/12
        Closed the distance: 1/26/13!!!

Comment

You lied to him from the start, so its only natural that he will have trust issues in the honesty department.
          You have now told him the truth which is good. It's good that you came clean and that you want to start being honest with him.

However, trust takes time to build. It will take time for him to believe you.

Have you got to web cam with him yet? Things like that can help. Try introducing him to your friends or someone who knows you well. They can help back up the things you are telling him so that he knows they are true.

Also give it time, you can't force him to believe you. The more you try to push him to believe something the more he will probably think its a lie.
          " There is always hope.
          "

Comment

Working...
          X