Finally meeting!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally meeting!!

After 3 long years, Stephen and I are meeting June 2nd! He is going to come here and spend a week with me. I cry every time I think about it, I'm SO excited.

Any advice or tips for me? They would be very appreciated!

Aww that sounds so exciting!

There might be first time jitters once you get closer to the actually date (I know I had them!) and "what ifs" going through your head. Any "what if he doesn't like x, y, or z about me?" Just ignore those and enjoy those close moments together! Your SO likes who for who you are, otherwise they wouldn't be with you! Being together in person should not change that.

Take lots of pictures! I regretted not taking enough for his first visit, or heck even during some other times my SO visited.

You might want to make a list of things you both really want to do together and see if you can plan those into your visit! During my first visit we went to a couple of restaurants that he didn't have back in his state. We also went bowling, ice-skating, saw a movie...thing like that.

Comment

YAY congrats!!!! ^.^
      Made it official: 12-01-10
      First visit: 3-29-13/4-09-13
      Closed the distance: 07-31-13

Comment

congrats

lets see tips tips....um don't worry about filling in every silent moment with mindless chatter, it's okay to just soak in his presence which also makes for less stupid word vomit coming out the obvious relax and be yourself, he fell in love with you for a reason you don't need to change your personality all of the sudden. that's all I can think of right now.

And I just realized you're from AZ too, jeez there are a lot of LFADers or their SO's here.

Notes:
        Met: 8.17.09
        Started Dating: 8.20.09
        First Met: 10.2.10
        Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

Originally posted by rixue View Post
          Take lots of pictures! I regretted not taking enough for his first visit, or heck even during some other times my SO visited.
          Major this! I totally didn't take any pictures with my SO until our third visit and I totally regret not having any of the first two. Actually I regret not getting more last time either I only ended up with two one of which I had my face hidden in because I had just got done crying about leaving the next day. >.>

Notes:
          Met: 8.17.09
          Started Dating: 8.20.09
          First Met: 10.2.10
          Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

I agree with what the others have said, take tons of pictures or you'll regret it - I didn't take any and I really regret it now!
            And I hope it goes really well and it's really exciting that you're finally getting to meet!!
            No time zone or distance or anything can keep us apart

Comment

First congratulation!

Just be your self, its what he want to see, what and yes.. picture, video.... lots of them heheh silly moment, happy moment.. the first meeting is always.. always something you will never forget.

Comment

yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First met: Jan 2013
                Started dating: 3/13/13

Comment

Yay!! I'm happy for you guys!! Good for you! Enjoy as much as you can, take many many pictures and be yourself! Hope you'll have an amazing time!

Comment

That's awesome news! You'll probably get worried or very nervous at some point, but know that it will be one of the things in your life you'll never forget. Enjoy every second together, and do take lots of pictures! I made a picture album out of my first visit, and I just remember all the things we felt whenever I look at it.

Comment

Tips? Enjoy it.

A photo album is a brilliant idea ^^^

Comment

yay have fun!!!

Comment

And the countdown begins!! Yay!
                          First met online: June, 2010
                          First met in person: August, 2011 (See the story of our first visit)
                          Second visit: December, 2011 (Christmas and New Years together!)
                          Third visit together: August, 2012
                          Fourth visit: December 2012 (Christmas and New Years together!)
                          Fifth visit: July 2013 (2 weeks here in Canada)
                          Sixth visit: December 2013 (Christmas and New Years together again and I finally met his mother!)
                          Next visit: Unknown... for now but coming up ASAP

Comment

Working...
                          X