Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

really scared right now :(

Hi everyone!
    I’m kind of new here, well I have been reading a lot the threads in here, but it’s my first time posting… I have been with my SO for 5 months now and everything is awesome. But 3 days ago he left Vancouver to go back home for a month in the Philippines, where he haven’t been in 3 years! He’s spending time with his family and friends, and I’m really happy for him. The thing is, we wont be able to communicate a lot since the internet access is a little bit harder over there. But I’m okay with it, I mean, it is hard and I Miss him terribly, but I’m writing him a letter, so it feels more like I’m talking with him, even if I’m not.

The thing is, I don’t know if you guys have been reading the international news, but there has been a powerful typhoon in the Philippines this week in Mindanao. They are saying that after it hit that island, it is supposed to come back and it somewhere else in the Philippines… I am totally freaking out… I don’t have any news from my SO and I just wish I would, so I could know that he is safe right now!! I’m trying to keep myself busy so I wont think too much about this, but it’s just always coming back into my mind…

Just wish I could hold him in my arms and know that he is safe…
    Last edited by littlemimi; December 9, 2012, 09:35 AM.

omg I bet that is a terrible feeling not knowing!! but I'm sure he is fine, maybe he just hasn't been able to contact you cause due to the typhoon there's no internet acces. you'll see how in no time you will have news from him!

Comment

I'm sure he is fine but I know I would be feeling the exact same way you are!
      First met online: June, 2010
      First met in person: August, 2011 (See the story of our first visit)
      Second visit: December, 2011 (Christmas and New Years together!)
      Third visit together: August, 2012
      Fourth visit: December 2012 (Christmas and New Years together!)
      Fifth visit: July 2013 (2 weeks here in Canada)
      Sixth visit: December 2013 (Christmas and New Years together again and I finally met his mother!)
      Next visit: Unknown... for now but coming up ASAP

Comment

In cases like this, no news is often good. I hope this will be the case for you. Sending lots of positive energy, love, strength, & hope to you both.

Comment

Oh dear, the worst part is not knowing! I hope you hear from him soon!

Comment

May I know where in Mindanao he is? Btw I'm from the Philippines.

The New Bataan only affected and other cities are fine, the government give food to the people everyday, they were fixing the electricity too and hope internet as follows.

Don't worry, he and his family will be fine.
            After all that we've been through, It all comes down to me and you.
            I guess it's meant to be, Forever you and me, After all.

Comment

Typhoons hit Philippines quite frequently. It's very rare that it gets really bad and usually when there is a typhoon about to hit a precise area, the government will alert the people of the vicinity and transport them out before it has even happened. You can relax, Philippines is MUCH more used to and effective when it comes to typhoons than other areas. I lived there for 2 years and lived through quite a bit of stormy weather but all turned out fine. A little bit of flooding, mucky streets but a majority of the time everything was fine.

Comment

I really hope you get to hear from your SO soon, worrying about the unknown is always horrible.

I must say this global community forum of LDRs is an amazing thing. Something like this thread really lets it shine how brilliant it is.
                "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
                Benjamin Franklin

Comment

i would be freaking out too...and it already sounds like you are doing what i would advise to you...writing to him...and trying to stay busy...eek...hopefully you hear something soon...

Comment

This is why I never watched the news when I was LD with my SO.
                    Its too nerve wreaking.
                    I'm sure he is okay, try to stay positive.
                    " There is always hope.
                    "

Comment

Thank you all for your support!! After 2 days of worrying, I just got some news from him and he is fine! His island wasn't hit by the typhoon! THANK GOD! :'D

Comment

That's great news!!
                        I had that feeling recently when Sandy hit the east coast...I was pretty much freaking out. Turns out my SO was ok. It's a horrible feeling huh? You just wish you were with him or could do something.

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
                        Married April 18th, 2015!!
                        Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

So glad to hear that he is okay!

Comment

My prayers go to you and your SO,everything will work out so stay positive.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurl View Post
                              In cases like this, no news is often good. I hope this will be the case for you. Sending lots of positive energy, love, strength, & hope to you both.
                              I agree. All you can do is hope for the best and most likely, it will be fine. We are right there with you hun!
                              Got together Jan 3, 2011~ Closed the Distance March 23, 2012~ Living Together Since June 19 2012~ Future TBD......

I miss you more than I ever could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal." ~ Vita Sackville-west

Comment

Working...
                              X