Feeling lost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeling lost

Lately I've been feeling like, my relationship with my SO seems to be lifeless. We are both jobless at the moment and don't have alot of money so can't plan trips to see each other. We talk everyday and seem to have nothing to say so it's just a long silence before we say goodnight. I feel as though I'm not making an effort. Any advice?

Do you have any hobbies you can do together? Being jobless shouldn't prevent you from having meaningful conversations. Why not get into an online hobby together and get something to promote dialogue? Or perhaps you can both read the same book/watch the same movie and discuss it?

I hope some of those suggestions help.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

It sounds like you both might be spending so much time together you've lost conversation ideas because neither of you are doing much outside of the computer/house. Like Silviar said, maybe check into things you both could do online like games or watch things on Youtube together. There's a hefty list on the main site of things to do together, too. Aside from that, maybe encourage some outside time whether it's simply walking around the mall, going to a bookstore, or whatever's around that doesn't cost money. That way when you come home you can talk about silly things you saw or a conversation you overheard, etc.

Comment

Both my guy and I are jobless, but we always find ways to get money together so we can see each other, some suggestions would be to sell some of your stuff online if you don't want it anymore, you can make things to sell online. When I want to see my guy I sell a lot of my stuff online so I can get the money to see him.

When we don't have anything to talk about we play the games skype has while seeing each other on webcam it's really fun because we can see the others facial expressions when we do good or bad lol.

Treasuretrooper <-- how I helped pay for some of my LDR expenses when I was in one.

Comment

Yea, we don't always have lots to talk to about. But when we do we try to make it last. We both have jobs but it's still usually the sme thing everyday, so there isn't always a lot to discuss. We're still working on it so if you figure it ot let me know! lol

Comment

If neither of you do exciting things everyday and if you have nothing left to say, you shouldn't talk every day, in my opinion. Try making it 4 times a week, that way you'll actually have stories to share.

Comment

I don't think that spending less time with each other is necessarily the best solution. Just find stuff to do together during that time, so you don't feel the need to spend the whole time talking. Doing stuff together also gives you more to talk about

My boyfriend and I spend anywhere from 8-20 hours on skype every day, and we're pretty much in contact all day long. We've never gotten tired of it ^^ We sleep on webcam every night. We watch movies and tv shows together. We read to each other. We cook dinner together, or do our homework at the same time. We go to the same place at the same time while talking on the phone (usually Starbucks :P).

Try some new things from the list of things to do. Hopefully it will bring some life back into your conversations

Comment

Working...
              X