vague communications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vague communications

How do y'all handle/react to vague communications in an LDR?

First Visit: September 2016
    Second Visit: January 2017 (Her birthday)
    Third Visit: June 2018 (medical conference near her home)

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world. That he gave his only begotten son. For whosoever believeth in him. Shall not perish but have eternal life
    John 4:12
    I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

You mean like short replies? For me it depends, sometimes I misread my SO's short responses thinking somethings up, im right sometimes but other times im off. He'll go on cam and is all chipper and im like oh haha good. My SO isn't the most chatty so it doesn't bother me. Im not the most talkative either, but were perfect for one another. Some days we talk for hours and then other days its short replies.... There are times when im trying to be chatty and his 2-3 word replies bugs me. But not really. Some days there just isn't much to say lol
    I love you Nathan <3
    sigpic
    5/25/09 <3

Comment

my SO and I have vague texts all the time, sometimes we're just too lazy/tired to think of something meaningful to reply with. If it starts getting really bad we tell each other like "hey we really haven't talked about anything in a few days what the hell man?" and move on. If you mean vague texts in response to important questions then I'd just ask. Hey you avoiding the question or something?

Notes:
      Met: 8.17.09
      Started Dating: 8.20.09
      First Met: 10.2.10
      Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

Originally posted by kiara_silver View Post
        You mean like short replies? For me it depends, sometimes I misread my SO's short responses thinking somethings up, im right sometimes but other times im off. He'll go on cam and is all chipper and im like oh haha good. My SO isn't the most chatty so it doesn't bother me. Im not the most talkative either, but were perfect for one another. Some days we talk for hours and then other days its short replies.... There are times when im trying to be chatty and his 2-3 word replies bugs me. But not really. Some days there just isn't much to say lol
        My SO sent me something, that has me going mentally in circles. We had a Yahoo IM conversation. The last thing she said to me yesterday, was "I will be back sometime again honey...I love you". To me, that sounds ominous, and vague. Or am I just over thinking this?

For God so loved the world. That he gave his only begotten son. For whosoever believeth in him. Shall not perish but have eternal life
        I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

Originally posted by Sora1101 View Post
          my SO and I have vague texts all the time, sometimes we're just too lazy/tired to think of something meaningful to reply with. If it starts getting really bad we tell each other like "hey we really haven't talked about anything in a few days what the hell man?" and move on. If you mean vague texts in response to important questions then I'd just ask. Hey you avoiding the question or something?
          Well, I meant vague in the sense of messages not said, but hinted to. As for general communication with my SO, starting back in November 2011, it became less n' less. In 2007, when we first became a 'coiuple', we would be on the phone all night.

Comment

It's pretty normal to talk less, you're past the honeymoon stage after all. Don't overthink things unless she disappears for a week or something without a word.

Comment

Originally posted by MadMolly View Post
              It's pretty normal to talk less, you're past the honeymoon stage after all. Don't overthink things unless she disappears for a week or something without a word.
              Thankyou for reassuring me. I really appreciate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris516 View Post
                My SO sent me something, that has me going mentally in circles. We had a Yahoo IM conversation. The last thing she said to me yesterday, was "I will be back sometime again honey...I love you". To me, that sounds ominous, and vague. Or am I just over thinking this?
                Does she normally talk this way? it doesn't sound bad if thats the way you guys normally talk. Usually I tell my SO where im going if I go out and he does the same. but like Madmolly said, after the honeymoon stage passes you get into the comfort stage where things change a bit. I wouldn't worry, you guys have been together a long time, just relax and talk to her about it, that it sounded a bit dif.
                I love you Nathan <3
                sigpic
                5/25/09 <3

Comment

Originally posted by Chris516 View Post
                  I think you might just be over thinking it, but then again I don't know how your SO usually responds, maybe he got a bit side tracked while writing it out or something. If it really bothers you that much ask him about it. no other way to know for sure.

Notes:
                  Met: 8.17.09
                  Started Dating: 8.20.09
                  First Met: 10.2.10
                  Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

Originally posted by kiara_silver View Post
                    Does she normally talk this way? it doesn't sound bad if thats the way you guys normally talk. Usually I tell my SO where im going if I go out and he does the same. but like Madmolly said, after the honeymoon stage passes you get into the comfort stage where things change a bit. I wouldn't worry, you guys have been together a long time, just relax and talk to her about it, that it sounded a bit dif.
                    She has been vague twice before. Where I have misinterpreted what she said. There is that comfort zone of telling each other what the other has to do for a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Sora1101 View Post
                      I think you might just be over thinking it, but then again I don't know how your SO usually responds, maybe he got a bit side tracked while writing it out or something. If it really bothers you that much ask him about it. no other way to know for sure.
                      I sure hope I am.

I would love to ask her. But communication has been a problem since November 2011.

The only thing I can think of for her saying what she said, is that something is wrong with her mother, who has been sick.

Comment

My SO does give some short messages, sometimes not even replying to aspects of my text, but it's just the way she is, she doesn't mean anything by it, the important parts are she tells me how she feels, or if she misses me, not always what she's thinking, sometimes I have to coax what she's thinking out of her, better to talk about everything, but no issues, other than we can't talk that much until we meet due to work commitments on both sides, but we will manage, everytime I hear her voice helps

"Buddha made you for me" - My SO

1st Met/Visit: Nov 2012 - Thailand
                        2nd Visit: May 2013 - Thailand
                        3rd Visit: Jun 2013 - Thailand
                        4th Visit: Sep 2013 - Thailand
                        5th Visit: Sep 2013 - Jan 2014 - UK
                        6th Visit: Apr 2014 - Thailand - Marry
                        7th Visit: Sept 14th 2014 - Thailand - Wedding Ceremony / Party
                        Close the distance - Sept 21st 2014 - UK
                        UK Wedding Party: November 8th 2014

Comment

When he answers quick n short, I don't mind most of the time, same goes for him.
                          If we feel that it's not enough or that there is something wrong behind the ' k ' and 'meh' ...
                          We ask : )

Sometimes I ask him how his day went and he texts me ' meh' or ' ok....'
                          And most of the time I ask 'wanna talk about it?' or ' you sure you are doin ok?'

Sometimes he will elaborate, sometimes he will tell me hes tire or doesnt feel like talkin and it's ok : )

Don't worry about it too much ~!

cheers
                          ♡ ~~~~ 'When you find something worth fighting for, you never give up' ~~~~ ♡

Comment

Working...
                          X