Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well, Our LDR Is Finally Out In The Open.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, Our LDR Is Finally Out In The Open.

Both his parents and mine (or at least my dad anyways) have found out about our relationship. His accidentally, and I told mine on purpose. His mom found a hotel confirmation he ripped up when he accidentally booked the wrong hotel before he came here, and naturally, she asked what it was about. Well, he came out in the open and explained to her and his dad about me. His mom didn't seem to mind so much, but apparently, his dad was in an uproar. Less because he was in a long-distance relationship with someone, and more because he was spending all that money to come down here. Eventually, his dad was (reluctantly) accepting of it, and let it go. Well, he came down here, and him and I were sitting in my house for a bit. My dad is never home (not his fault, just current circumstances keep him away a lot until late at night), but he ended up stopping by while my boyfriend was there with me. So after a moment of awkward staring, my dad said hi, did what he had to do, and left. After he left to go back home, I told my dad, and he was actually really accepting! He wasn't upset at all, and it felt really good. My boyfriend's mother eve made me a little stocking Christmas ornament, which I thought was the sweetest gesture ever.

I can't wait to meet them whenever I can. I hope I make a good first impression.I just wanted to update everyone about the good news!

yay!!!!!

First met: Jan 2013
    Started dating: 3/13/13

Comment

That's so awesome!! It's such a nice feeling when everything's out in the open and you don't have to hide anything, AND a big plus when they are really nice and supportive about it all!

Comment

That's great!! It's such a relief to finally let everyone know and not hide it anymore. And now you have the chance to meet his family which is awesome. That was really sweet of his mom to make you the ornament! Congrats

Comment

what a sweet gesture from his mom!
          First met online: June, 2010
          First met in person: August, 2011 (See the story of our first visit)
          Second visit: December, 2011 (Christmas and New Years together!)
          Third visit together: August, 2012
          Fourth visit: December 2012 (Christmas and New Years together!)
          Fifth visit: July 2013 (2 weeks here in Canada)
          Sixth visit: December 2013 (Christmas and New Years together again and I finally met his mother!)
          Next visit: Unknown... for now but coming up ASAP

Comment

That's awesome

Comment

That's great! Congrats

Comment

Congrats! It's an awesome feeling huh?
                I felt it was a huge weight lifted off my shoulders when everyone finally knew.

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
                Married April 18th, 2015!!
                Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

Good to hear! Hopefully everything pans out for the better.

Comment

woww thats great.... awesome feeling when you dont have to hide the most important person in your life... congrats

Comment

Working...
                    X