Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to know youīre still in love when you donīt meet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to know youīre still in love when you donīt meet?

I was together with my boyfriend for 8 months before I left to live in the US for a year. Itīs been 5 months now so we wonīt see eachother for 7 more months.

Right now I just feel like, how am I supposed to know that I still love him? We text sometimes on facebook messenger, talk somtimes on skype. But it feels like itīs no love, just friendship. I mean the only thing we can do is talk. I need hugs and kisses from my boyfriend to know that we are in love. I do know that I love him, but right now I just donīt know cause weīre apart and will be for such a long time.

I just wanna know if this feeling is normal or is our relationship failing? I really hope itīs just because of the distance, but at the same time I donīt know..

I think only you can really judge that. I've gone through periods of minor doubt in my relationship. Mostly because of the things you mentioned-I need physical contact because without that, wheres the relationship? But my go to when I start thinking like that is picturing being without him. Not having him to text or call. And then I realize that even though those things don't feel like enough, deep down, they're really important and things I don't even want to think about losing.

Met online: 1/30/11
    Met in person: 5/30/12
    Second visit: 9/12/12
    Closed the distance: 1/26/13!!!

Comment

You can still feel love for someone without having them there to hold. Maybe you could try sending each other things or have more skype dates? Have you ever tried cybering?

Comment

I know i still love my bf as soon as i see him or hear his voice, i also know i still love him because he still can make me laugh and smile ... If i ever doubt that i love him i might call him or look at pictures of us together

Comment

I'm glad you posted this Rebecka, I have been thinking this, mainly if I go a day without talking to her then I worry a bit, but as soon as I hear her voice, it reminds me how I feel, and when I think of the times we had together, and how it will be when we are together again, it reminds me that I love her. I miss the physical element, but lucky for me, after this next 4 and half months are over, I will be with her for approx 6months.

Anyway, just remember how he made you feel, how you felt when you were together, remember the good times you had and that should answer your question, it is hard, the distance is a pain, but you know in the end it’s worth it, I would never throw this away because of a slight doubt because I know in my heart that after this struggle, we will be happy together 

"Buddha made you for me" - My SO

1st Met/Visit: Nov 2012 - Thailand
          2nd Visit: May 2013 - Thailand
          3rd Visit: Jun 2013 - Thailand
          4th Visit: Sep 2013 - Thailand
          5th Visit: Sep 2013 - Jan 2014 - UK
          6th Visit: Apr 2014 - Thailand - Marry
          7th Visit: Sept 14th 2014 - Thailand - Wedding Ceremony / Party
          Close the distance - Sept 21st 2014 - UK
          UK Wedding Party: November 8th 2014

Comment

Sounds like you're in a similar position to me 1 yr ago. We hadn't seen each other for 6 months (but I was just about to come home for xmas...) It was then that I realised he truly was my best friend. If I didn't have him I wouldn't have anybody to moan to about my day and all those other little things about life :P Even though it didn't feel like the love was there all the time, deep down we both knew it was, and now we're CD he makes my heart melt almost every time I'm with him I agree that kisses and cuddles help make the love seem almost "more real" but at the end of the day, its the things you do for each other that show the love. I would suggest to try talking more on skype, communication saved our relationship. (I'm having difficulty putting the next bit into words so sorry if it sounds weird) I always felt like I loved him "more" when we had the weeks where neither of us had anything to do and could just goof around on skype all evening watching videos and making each other laugh. I think it was because we could see what each one of us "did" for the other person if that makes any sense? Its not that I didn't love him during the weeks when we couldn't talk often, it was just harder to remember why it would all be worth it in the end...

(Personally I don't like IM-ing, it makes everything seem less personal...)
            Si tu n'etais pas la
            Comment pourrais-je vivre
            Je ne connaitrais pas
            Ce bonheur qui m'enivre
            Quand je suis dans tes bras
            Mon coeur joyeux se livre
            Comment pourrais-je vivre
            Si tu n'etais pas la

Love that will not betray you, dismay or enslave you. It will set you free.
            Home could be anywhere when I am holding you

"DONT RUIN MY DREAM OF MINITURE HIPPOS"

Comment

I know I love him because I feel anxious and unhappy for no good reason when I don't get to talk to him for a day or so. And when I do get to speak to him, I'm instantly in a good mood. I think and dream about him all the time! That's how I know.

Comment

Working...
              X