Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you guys feel about the TV show Catfish?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AvaLouise View Post
    I just don't see how you could trust someone who refuses to video chat with you... that's a big red flag on its own.
    That's what I say everytime me and my daughter watch it. I saw one episode where all they did was text and lived 15 mins from each other but he refused to met her. RED FLAG!!! Why was she so surprised when it turned out to be a girl who didn't like her. We think the shows interesting but it it kinda sucks nobody is who they say they are. There is a lot of shady people out there who think it's ok to mess with peoples feelings. I feel bad for the people that end up heart broken, but in the end they should of seen the red flags.

Comment

Seems as if I'm the only one so far.. so I'll share my little story. I've actually been duped by someone online before, granted I didn't really 'catch feelings' but I was attracted to this guy. Anyway, he ended up lying about his appearance, being overweight. He sent me very few pictures and i found out after we had met that they were from some years ago. I am by no means a shallow person, but come on ..i like people to be straight forward because that's always how i'm going to give it to other people. He also lied to me about involvement with his x girlfriend, needless to say she showed up at his house wanting to fight me while I was there with him.

The funniest part about the whole thing is that I was already talking to my now SO, but at the time it was just friendly conversation. When I came home I told him all about what happened and that conversation is really where our feelings for each other were made known for the first time. I was suuuuper cautious however, but we started sending each other little sign pics and videos back and forth. One of the main reasons why it took us 2 years to finally meet, I wanted to be able to spot anything inconsistent.. a person can only keep up a lie for so long.

However, the show catfish makes me sooooo thankful that JP is really JP ^.^

Comment

I love watching the show. It amazes me how people can be so fake with their identity. Red flags people, the red flags are all over the place.

I've met a few friends in person who I met online, and all of them were exactly who they said they were. I've been lucky I guess.

Comment

I didn't meet my SO online, but I like the show, its interesting. I can't believe people could lie about who they are, that is just so wrong.

Comment

my sister got me into this show. it is crazy! there are so many liars out there it's incredible! and every episode I've seen the people didn't want to meet because they lied about how they look. I also watched the documentary of Nev's online relationship. poor guy. for all of here who haven't been duped by our online loves- we're very lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry View Post
              my sister got me into this show. it is crazy! there are so many liars out there it's incredible! and every episode I've seen the people didn't want to meet because they lied about how they look. I also watched the documentary of Nev's online relationship. poor guy. for all of here who haven't been duped by our online loves- we're very lucky.
              I don't think it's luck. It means those of us who haven't been fooled have the common sense to see the red flags and/or looked into our SO's before it got too serious. I mean there was one episode where the guy only sent her like 2 pictures both of which weren't everyday in action shots they were glamour look at how hot I am shots and she never even bothered to question why he didn't send her more when she asked.

Notes:
              Met: 8.17.09
              Started Dating: 8.20.09
              First Met: 10.2.10
              Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

Originally posted by Sora1101 View Post
                I don't think it's luck. It means those of us who haven't been fooled have the common sense to see the red flags and/or looked into our SO's before it got too serious. I mean there was one episode where the guy only sent her like 2 pictures both of which weren't everyday in action shots they were glamour look at how hot I am shots and she never even bothered to question why he didn't send her more when she asked.
                This is how I feel. I wasn't lucky that my SO didn't dupe me. We were just both very straightforward about who we were, even in our friend stage. We sent goofy pictures, and talked primarily through video chat because we don't have the best minute plans on our phones (we chose unlimited texting over lots of minutes.) We were just smart and straightforward.

First Met Online: October 2010
                First Confessed Feelings: December 21, 2011
                Became a "Couple": January 7, 2012
                First Meeting: March 9-14, 2012
                Second Meeting: July 16-31, 2012
                Closed the Distance: May 30, 2013
                Engaged!: June 1, 2013
                Picking out wedding dates now!

Comment

Working...
                X