Kind of dull lately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kind of dull lately

My SO will be coming in January, he will even be asking for a scholarship to study at my same campus and we would be closing the distance in 6 months if he gets it. I should be excited but I'm sort of not jumping around with butterflies in my stomach... I do want him to come, I just feel kind of bored lately.

Then again I don't know if it is because I'm on vacation now and I have too much time to spare and too little things to talk about... but anyways, I used to feel like dying whenever I could not speak to my SO, and I no longer suffer when this happens and I actually feel like I'm enjoying the time on my own. My SO likes spending from 3 to 4 hours DAILY speaking to me and I've been feeling lately like it's too much sometimes. It's worth whenever he writes a new story for me or vice versa, or we are telling each other what we dreamt last night or just talk about our day and fool around. I do like a while of lovey-dovey-ness, but he's spending perhaps too much time on it. There are days when he wants to talk for HOURS about how much he loves me and making up new metaphores and stuff, and while they are beautiful and they show me how in love he is... well, when that's over, we do not have much to talk about. I guess in a CD relationship, that would be the "comfortable silence" time when they just hug and say nothing, but without that possibility...lol, well, I only sit with the computer and get distracted with something else.

Don't get me wrong, it's not like I'm tired of him or anything. I love him, but this routine makes it all feel kind of dull. It may be because I barely go out (except for this week, I've been going out daily) and nothing shakes my mood, plus I get nothing interesting to talk about. He goes out daily, meets new people, goes to concerts and visits new places and has weird adventures and at night he's eager to talk to me about everything or just lovey-dovey around. But in my case, when he asks me what I did that day, it goes as simple as "read for a while, slept for another and now I'm here". So not really eager to speak since I have nothing interesting to tell. I've been getting in contact with my friends. I miss them. I rarely go out with them, this semester I went out like...what, 3 times? I feel like I need something more to do other than "school, homework, SO time, sleeping. School, homework, SO time, sleeping, etc etc."

Have you ever gone through a situation like this? How can I get rid of this boredom? Is it normal if I feel like I need less time speaking for a while...and go out with my friends?

Sounds like you're out of the honeymoon phase maybe?

Also, being bored makes you apathetic, being apathetic makes you bored and so on. (At least thats the case for me). Try keep occupied with something (IDK if you're into crafts or cooking or anything like that? I used to clean...) or meeting friends for a cup of coffee.

When my SO and I used to get the whole "awkard silence" on skype, we would link a funny video, picture or news article. It would usually spark up conversation again.

Also, I think its normal to go through periods where talking to people is a bit of a chore, but look out for signs that you're not becoming too withdrawn!

Good luck!
    Si tu n'etais pas la
    Comment pourrais-je vivre
    Je ne connaitrais pas
    Ce bonheur qui m'enivre
    Quand je suis dans tes bras
    Mon coeur joyeux se livre
    Comment pourrais-je vivre
    Si tu n'etais pas la

Love that will not betray you, dismay or enslave you. It will set you free.
    Home could be anywhere when I am holding you

"DONT RUIN MY DREAM OF MINITURE HIPPOS"

Comment

I had been thinking the same about the honeymoon phase, haha. It may actually be the thing! I'll try to keep busy. I'm lately going out more and when I talk to my SO, the conversation is way more fluent and I feel better.

I guess I'll keep it up. Vacations are great to have, but after this semester where I could barely breathe... having spare time is a constant "Hmm... so now what?"

Thank you!

Comment

There is such a thing as talking too much. 3 or 4 hours when you have a really uneventful day probably crosses that line. Maybe instead, you guys could watch a movie or a tv show together? There is nothing wrong with what you're feeling. It's just talking too much. I'm sure as you get busier, it'll get better.
        Met online: Nov 2010 - Met in person: Nov 20, 2010
        Closed the distance: April 27, 2011
        Accepted to PhD program 200 miles away: March 2012
        LD again: July 24, 2012
        Left School and Closed the Distance for good: March 8, 2013
        Married: November 1, 2014
        Started job 200 miles away: February 23, 2015

Comment

I'm currently going through the same thing. I attribute mine to the fact that I'm home from university now, and I went from having stuff to do every single day to actually having periods of time where I don't know what to do other than mundane things like wrap presents. haha.
          My guy accepts this though, and we've cut back on talking until we both have things to talk about.

First Met Online: October 2010
          First Confessed Feelings: December 21, 2011
          Became a "Couple": January 7, 2012
          First Meeting: March 9-14, 2012
          Second Meeting: July 16-31, 2012
          Closed the Distance: May 30, 2013
          Engaged!: June 1, 2013
          Picking out wedding dates now!

Comment

Yup...talking a lot felt fine before, when I really felt like the end of the world was coming if I did not talk to him. We used to be CD (only a few months though) and I guess I got used to it. I usually feel different when he comes and visits. We go out during the day and I even forget getting online. Like I feel complete and I do not need it.

I've been telling him since months already that I'm tired of just sitting in the computer for 3 hours PLUS the ones I must spend on it with homeworks and stuff. Routine can be such a passion killer!

Is there any website or something you suggest me for movies/series? I'm rather clumsy at it :P

Comment

Working...
            X