Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how do you handle the waiting for a call from your SO?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how do you handle the waiting for a call from your SO?

I'm having problems with it. And I always think he won't call, so I always end calling him.
    Now he has personal issues, so I better don't dare and call. How do you guys handle the waiting?

We don't do that at all. Because we have other things going on, like family, friends, work and a 7 hour time difference, we have a set time that we have our chat. We might show up a little earlier on weekends, or change it up for other reasons occasionally, we pretty much speak at the same time everyday. If one of us can't make it, we try to let the other know, so neither of us has to wait around. It works out really well this way, and neither of us ever have to worry, but it did take us awhile to get it all figured out. The thing is, if you two decided to try this, you have to stick to it, otherwise it causes more problems than it solves. Good luck.
    Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

I just make do. My SO calls me whenever he feels like it, usually whenever he takes his dogs out for a walk, sometimes on his work break, but I know he'll always call before bed unless I tell him I'm busy. I don't really call him because he's usually at work or in the middle of a League of Legends game and can't pick up anyway. The only way to get through it is by not waiting by the phone for him to call, go out and do whatever you feel like and if he calls, great, if not well then at least you're not wasting your day and you probably won't even realize he didn't call until you get home.

Notes:
      Met: 8.17.09
      Started Dating: 8.20.09
      First Met: 10.2.10
      Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

I try to keep busy. But tonight, its hard. Waiting for him to get home from work & settled while I'm not feeling well and bored is proving difficult!!! I try not to call. I'm a bit on the annoying side at times!! *sigh* just wait wait wait.

Comment

When my husband and I were still LDR we set time aside for talking. Usually on the weekends we'll Skype and scatter text throughout the days. He was super busy with training so that kept him preoccupied for the most part, and i was working and going to school so i was pretty busy myself. During the days when i can't stand the non-communication, i go out with friends and family or do anything i can get my hands on to keep myself busy.

it's tough but there will be days where you won't be able to talk as much as you want/wish to.

Comment

We talk once a week usually and it's almost always on thursday, friday, or saturday evening, depending on which day he has more time to talk and can call me or which day I call him on. I don't really expect calls on other days so I just do whatever and if I get a call from him it's a pleasant surprise and just gives me something else to do. Sometimes when he says that he'll call back it'll start to get late and I'll think he forgot or something, but he usually always remembers and if he does forget or gets busy we just talk the next day if we can.
            "Babe, I'm totally murdering everyone in this building right now! ... You would be so proud of me."
            This. This is only one of the reasons that I love this man. XD

"I'll surrender up my heart and swap it for yours."
            Por siempre, mi amor. ♥

Comment

Originally posted by littlekakau View Post
              I'm having problems with it. And I always think he won't call, so I always end calling him.
              I am the same way!! I've been trying to keep busy to avoid thinking about why he hasn't called or if something is wrong. I would suggest just keeping busy, read a book or go out with friends. My SO and I talk every day, and its usually around the same time everyday. If he's gonna be out with his family or friends, we've agreed that he will call before he goes out which has helped my worrying a lot.

Comment

I never wait. We just talk whenever we feel like it. One of us will text the other and make sure we're free, then we call. If we're busy or whatever, we just don't talk. Works fine!

Comment

We do the same as MadMolly and her SO, and yeah.. it works just fine for us. For the odd time I have to wait for him, I keep myself busy with other things. Play a game, watch TV, read a book, call a friend, go out.. work out, cook something.. time goes by much easier that way instead of just staring at the phone willing it to ring.
                  Ooorr... what i used to sometimes do, and he does the same.. write an email instead. If there is something you would like to tell him, or go through with him or something, sometimes writing an email beforehand gives you something to do, it also gives you a chance to organize your thoughts a bit, it gives you a vague sense you are somehow communicating or in contact with him, and a lot of the times for us it just turned into more discussion material that might not have come up otherwise.
                  Last edited by summerkid; December 27, 2012, 01:39 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

I'm always busy with work or sleeping so I hardly have to wait, then again it's me that calls her, because I have a international sim that can make mega cheap calls, so it works out better, I call her everyday when she finishes work (and I'm on my lunch break) so 30mins approx each day before she goes to sleep, Sundays are the best days though, we can talk for hours!

"Buddha made you for me" - My SO

1st Met/Visit: Nov 2012 - Thailand
                    2nd Visit: May 2013 - Thailand
                    3rd Visit: Jun 2013 - Thailand
                    4th Visit: Sep 2013 - Thailand
                    5th Visit: Sep 2013 - Jan 2014 - UK
                    6th Visit: Apr 2014 - Thailand - Marry
                    7th Visit: Sept 14th 2014 - Thailand - Wedding Ceremony / Party
                    Close the distance - Sept 21st 2014 - UK
                    UK Wedding Party: November 8th 2014

Comment

Our chat times are pretty much set so we know when we'll be calling. No one ever has to wait. Plus we text all day, so we always know what's up with the other and if one of us will be too busy to talk.

Met online: 1/30/11
                      Met in person: 5/30/12
                      Second visit: 9/12/12
                      Closed the distance: 1/26/13!!!

Comment

We have a pattern due to our jobs and the time difference. I call I the mornings when I have an early work day and he's still up and he calls at night when he has some free time during work. That usually works out for us. When I feel the need to talk to him I just call and see if he's free. When it gets too late he texts me to ask if I'm still up or to apologize that he can't make it that night. Sometimes I still wait, mainly when I'm bored but staying busy is the best recipe here
                        Maybe a routine would help you guys?

Comment

Omg! I'm awful at this! I literally sit and stare at me phone. And then I check it every three minutes. It's so bad. Recently, I started putting a bunch more time into my studies, so it really takes the time off of waiting to hear from him. So when I do, I'm always surprised and ten times happier than when I was just waiting for it to occur.

First met: June 2012
                          Became Committed: June 04, 2012
                          Entered an LDR: July 01, 2012
                          Next Visit: October 2013!

XXX XXX

Distance between two hearts is not an obstacle, rather a beautiful reminder of just how strong true love can be.

Comment

Thank you everyone, we can't schedule because crazy work schedule and stuff. But I found an away to keep myself busy, went out with friends when possible, etc.
                            Thanks for helping.

Comment

Working...
                            X