X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And this is the end for me...

What a way to end the year...
    Bf broke up with me yesterday.

So, when he said he got refused for his visa, he lied.
    Truth was he didn't have the money to back it up and didn't want to tell me.
    Finally said yesterday that he doesn't know if/when he can make it back to me.
    He said that he's broke and he loves me but cannot make me wait forever until we can have enough money to see each others.
    Maybe there is more to it, maybe he also has some1 else over there ^_^

Anywho...
    I'm totally heartbroken and destroyed...

But wanted to thanks Michelle and her hubby for these forums, they helped me greatly.
    Thanks to everyone who supported me, you guys rocks!

Best luck to you all.
    I hope you will close the distance with your loved one.

xxxxxxxx

Sophie (ask softy)
    ♡ ~~~~ 'When you find something worth fighting for, you never give up' ~~~~ ♡

I'm sorry it didn't work out

Not that I want to make you feel worse, but how expensive is it to apply for a visa? Surely it can't be such a mountain of cash that he can't manage?
    I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

Originally posted by TwoThree View Post
      I'm sorry it didn't work out

Not that I want to make you feel worse, but how expensive is it to apply for a visa? Surely it can't be such a mountain of cash that he can't manage?

Visas themselves aren't so expensive, there's some leg work involved but it's only a lot of money if you use a visa agency to deal with everything for you, they charge a ton!

On topic, I'm sorry to hear about this! I hope you'll be ok, keep your chin up!

"Buddha made you for me" - My SO

1st Met/Visit: Nov 2012 - Thailand
      2nd Visit: May 2013 - Thailand
      3rd Visit: Jun 2013 - Thailand
      4th Visit: Sep 2013 - Thailand
      5th Visit: Sep 2013 - Jan 2014 - UK
      6th Visit: Apr 2014 - Thailand - Marry
      7th Visit: Sept 14th 2014 - Thailand - Wedding Ceremony / Party
      Close the distance - Sept 21st 2014 - UK
      UK Wedding Party: November 8th 2014

Comment

I'm really sorry to hear about that Sophie *squishes* Start the New Year fresh and take care of yourself.
        “The ties that binds us are sometimes impossible to explain. They connect us even after it seems like the ties should be broken. Some bonds defy distance and time and logic; Because some ties are simply… meant to be.” - Grey’s Anatomy

>Little Box<

Comment

Originally posted by MattDavies86 View Post
          Visas themselves aren't so expensive, there's some leg work involved but it's only a lot of money if you use a visa agency to deal with everything for you, they charge a ton!

I use a visa agency and for 60 euros for a Schengen visa, they charge me an additional 25 for their fees.

Maybe it's different in Softy's situation.
          I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear this Sofy We're still here for you if you want to talk!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TwoThree View Post
              I use a visa agency and for 60 euros for a Schengen visa, they charge me an additional 25 for their fees.

Maybe it's different in Softy's situation.
              Heard of these Schengen Visa's, meant to be a good back door visa for the UK lol. I'm just going from my current experience and research, but more than likely it's different for a 6months UK visitor visa from Thailand..

"Buddha made you for me" - My SO

1st Met/Visit: Nov 2012 - Thailand
              2nd Visit: May 2013 - Thailand
              3rd Visit: Jun 2013 - Thailand
              4th Visit: Sep 2013 - Thailand
              5th Visit: Sep 2013 - Jan 2014 - UK
              6th Visit: Apr 2014 - Thailand - Marry
              7th Visit: Sept 14th 2014 - Thailand - Wedding Ceremony / Party
              Close the distance - Sept 21st 2014 - UK
              UK Wedding Party: November 8th 2014

Comment

I am so sorry to know this. But i am sure some one somewhere is made for you. And he will come to you at the right time All the best wishes.

Comment

Originally posted by MattDavies86 View Post

Also I believe Softy mentioned he is in a lot of debt, as well, which would further complicate his obtaining/being able to afford a visa.

@Softy: I am so, so sorry to hear this.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear that Sophie... I hope you'll feel better soon ._. Lets hope 2013 will be a better year for you!
                    You used to be much more..."muchier." You've lost your muchness

Comment

i m so so so sorry i hope you find strength to move on lots of hugs your way be safe

Comment

Sending lots of hugs your way! I really hope you can recover from this quickly and/or things end up working out better than you had hoped! Keep your chin up!

Comment

We've never talked too much, but you have given me a lot of advice. And I just want to say thank you for everything. You're a really great person, and it was really nice to talk to you. I wish you the best of luck in the upcoming year.

First met: June 2012
                          Became Committed: June 04, 2012
                          Entered an LDR: July 01, 2012
                          Next Visit: October 2013!

XXX XXX

Distance between two hearts is not an obstacle, rather a beautiful reminder of just how strong true love can be.

Comment

Sorry to hear about what happened, but one thing i do have to say is visa's to canada from the US aren't expensive i think the most expensive one is $200, if it was a visitors visa there is no cost. I'm sure things will get a lot better for you and you can always stay here as we'd love you to hang around.

Treasuretrooper <-- how I helped pay for some of my LDR expenses when I was in one.

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear this! I hope that you'll stick around. I really hope that you still have a great new year.
                              "I'll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms again."

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Met: August 22, 2010
                              Made it official: September 17, 2010
                              Got engaged: January 15, 2012
                              Our First Visit: November 18, 2010-November 28, 2010
                              Our Seventh (and Last) Visit: November 10, 2012-November 24, 2012
                              Got married: November 21, 2012
                              Big Wedding Date: May 25, 2013
                              Closed the Distance: June 2, 2013

Comment

Working...
                              X