Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trouble trouble trouble... I think I am an idiot afterall.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cheer up girl! i actually liked you instantly from that post coz it shows how honest and true you are to your SO.agree with everyone above,just talk to him,i am sure he will forgive you.its not your fault these guys managed to kiss you and your SO knows your personality,so he knows you wouldnt slap a person in order to get rid of him.i hope it will all turn out well afterwards and please keep us informed how is it going! *hugs*

Comment

Originally posted by Sora1101 View Post
      Like everyone said, be honest and tell him what happened. But where I disagree with most people is when they say that it wasn't you're fault/your SO shouldn't be mad at you. I would be furious if my SO got so wasted that he let other girls kiss him. I think if you had been fully sober you might have been able to prevent it. I'm not saying this to be mean or anything but maybe you missed signals that you were sending to these guys? I know when my friend drinks she thinks she's just being social when in reality it looks like she's majorly flirting with these guys.
      She didn't kiss them, they both kissed her. THEY did it regardless of what she wanted. Just because she was drunk/"flirting" doesn't give them the right to kiss her. Excuse me if this example is a bit harsh, but this is exactly the attitude towards a lot of victims of sexual violence in the US and all over the world. "Well she was giving signals so she must have wanted it" " She was drunk and dressed a certain way so it was her fault".

Blame the real perp, NOT the victim

Anyways, OP, I was in the same situation as you a couple weeks ago. A guy I was friendly with at work tried to kiss me at a Christmas party. I told him no because I had a boyfriend. I treated him the same way I treat all my guy friends. I'm very friendly witch could come across as flirting. We were both extremely drunk. While I agree that being drunk is no excuse for cheating, this is a different story. You in no way initiated it. It was forced upon you. I told my SO the next day when I was sober. I explained to him exactly what happened and he wasn't mad at me because I didn't kiss him back.

Tell him. He's going to be upset, but he shouldn't blame you.
      "We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love " ~ Theodore Seuss Geisel.

Comment

Thanks everyone for your replies! It helped a lot.
        I told him everything... He took it better then I expected. Thought he was going to be more angry or hurt. He wasn't happy about it, a bit dissapointed and jealous (I got a "No, it was my turn to kiss you " )but at least he forgave me. So that's good news.

From now on, I'll try my best to prevent these kind of situations.... That would be the best.
        Also, it is nice to know that I'm not the only one in this situation... Makes me feel understood. Opinions of the guys was nice to hear too. Thank you all once again!
        Last edited by Mellow; January 2, 2013, 05:57 AM.
        You used to be much more..."muchier." You've lost your muchness

Comment

Originally posted by Mellow View Post
          So I managed to “escape“ from
          that boy, bumped in a friend who
          pretended to be my boyfriend so Babyface boy would leave me alone. Which he didnt. Kept
          following like glue.

It took a vey long time fo shake him off (I am always way too “polite“ to sah rud things, or to tell others off....).

Nothing happened with that guy afterwards.ya, he got rejected.
          And now...feeling like a slut .___. Im
          feeling so guilty. Could have prevented easi...
          "I am too polite...could have prevented it easily"

Learn quickly that the best way to get your point across to someone is to tell them straight. Especially when people have been drinking. Just running away from them often isn't enough, a verbal "I'm not interested" gets your point across absolutely. Of course there are going to be guys who when you say "Sorry, I have a boyfriend" will respond with "Well he's not here". But it reduced the chances of these situations happening if you learn to be 'less polite' (I see it as 'more honest', really). I'm at university, I go out and party regularly. Which means that I need to be able to tell guys where to go on a regular basis. Very honestly, if you're not able to be honest an upfront, even if it seems 'rude' to you, you should seriously be considering whether its a good idea for you to be going out into situations where there will be guys who are interested in you.

On the possibility of sexual harassment, obviously, there's only a certain extent to which you can protect yourself, but my point is that you should be doing everything to protect yourself that you can, even if it involves a.) being honest and saying "I'm not interested" or b.) not putting yourself further at risk by drinking heavily (and making sure you have reliable friends around you) or c.) avoiding going to places where there will be excessive drinking and potential for these kinds of situations.

Comment

Originally posted by Rugger View Post
            She didn't kiss them, they both kissed her. THEY did it regardless of what she wanted. Just because she was drunk/"flirting" doesn't give them the right to kiss her. Excuse me if this example is a bit harsh, but this is exactly the attitude towards a lot of victims of sexual violence in the US and all over the world. "Well she was giving signals so she must have wanted it" " She was drunk and dressed a certain way so it was her fault".

Blame the real perp, NOT the victim

Anyways, OP, I was in the same situation as you a couple weeks ago. A guy I was friendly with at work tried to kiss me at a Christmas party. I told him no because I had a boyfriend. I treated him the same way I treat all my guy friends. I'm very friendly witch could come across as flirting. We were both extremely drunk. While I agree that being drunk is no excuse for cheating, this is a different story. You in no way initiated it. It was forced upon you. I told my SO the next day when I was sober. I explained to him exactly what happened and he wasn't mad at me because I didn't kiss him back.

Tell him. He's going to be upset, but he shouldn't blame you.
            Sorry if it came off like I was totally blaming her or something I didn't mean it like that, I understand that they both kissed her unasked and unwanted but I just gave my opinion. I was curious to know whether she was sending signals she didn't realize because of the alcohol, sure flirty behavior doesn't make what those guys did okay but if she goes out again then maybe she'll notice something she didn't see before and it might help prevent future situations. Of course it could have nothing to do with that at all by in my own personal experiences I've seen it happen that way.

I'm not saying she did anything wrong but I think she needs to realize there are guys out there that are going to take advantage of a drunk girl and maybe cutting down a little bit might help her notice situations that seem unsafe and uncomfortable.

Notes:
            Met: 8.17.09
            Started Dating: 8.20.09
            First Met: 10.2.10
            Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

Working...
            X