Leaving to return home tomorrow...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Verojoon View Post
    I left yesterday... everything went wrong...
    Are you ok? Everything went wrong?
    February 2012 -- met online
    August 2012 -- he said "I love you."
    April 2013 -- met in person
    June 2013 -- broke up
    July 2013 -- back together
    August 2013 -- 2nd visit
    October 20, 2013 -- He proposed!
    April 22, 2014 -- Married/closed the distance!

Comment

i used to cry everytime i left him. The last few times i havent. Im sad that im leaving obviously but i try to think about it in a different way. "im just working away from home, i'll be back soon" - although that soon tends to be 3 months lol but still it makes me feel better and he doesnt like to see me cry.

Comment

Wow um...So I'm at the airport right now...

I passed through customs and looked back, it was so heartbreaking. Christ. I don't know how anyone here does that constantly. Just...no words for it.

Comment

you cant help yourself sometimes, your pretty much saying goodbye to someone you care and love and you dont know when you might be with them again and it sucks but eventually you become numb to that feeling possibly because you know its comming.

Comment

I always cry when my SO leaves. I usually let myself mope for a day or so after she's left, and then I force myself to get out and do things with my friends. If I don't do that, I know I'll just sit and be miserable for weeks, which isn't fun for either of us.

Comment

We have visits every two weeks and live close enough to have an unplanned visit if necessary and it still breaks my heart to leave. I've done it the other way, at longer distance, and it isn't really much worse. When you find the one you love, it's so hard to pull yourself away from them. More than once I've thought screw it, I quit, I'm staying, but I don't. I need the money, and where I am is an amazing opportunity. But I cry pretty much every time, especially after the long visits (most times it's two days -- holidays are longer, like now). It's terrible. But you learn that it is what you have to do and you figure out how to cope. In the meantime, cry.
              Met online: Nov 2010 - Met in person: Nov 20, 2010
              Closed the distance: April 27, 2011
              Accepted to PhD program 200 miles away: March 2012
              LD again: July 24, 2012
              Left School and Closed the Distance for good: March 8, 2013
              Married: November 1, 2014
              Started job 200 miles away: February 23, 2015

Comment

Working...
              X