Can't help myself... bad habits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't help myself... bad habits

So my question is ... what bad habits do you find yourself slipping into in your LDR? It could be things you swore you would learn from or change from your previous relationships, or have done once in your LDR and said you wouldn't do in the future. How do you stop yourself from repeating your mistakes?

A bad habbit for me is thinking of past mistakes lol just puts me on such a downer and ive learnt that when im in a mood it causes a chain of bad moods between me and si, one thats difficult to get out of sometimes lol...after doing this many times over ive finally learnt that if im in a mood, to try get myself out of it, or if that doesnt work and I annoy si then cheer him up which ends up working and making us both our normal selves again (: but I cant stop myself from this bad habit because obviously old mistakes get brought up quite often...so im just trying to deal with it as it comes kinda thing. I think the main thing is to listen what your SO is telling you about your bad habbits if theyve picked up on them...and just remember how it inflicts on them, eventually you may break them, you never know ^^
    <3 My Si Shake

Comment

My bad habit is waiting for someone or something that may never materialize. I suppose I have patience to a fault, lol.

Comment

I love you E. And, if your worried about those mistakes or habits we can fix them or break them together. That's the way things should be.
        Dear God the only thing I ask of you
        Is to hold her when I'm not around
        When I'm much too far away
        -Avenged Sevenfold "Dear God"

Comment

SLLVER, I love your signature

Comment

TY i love the band, they are not ones for putting out ballads mostly rock but its just an amazing song
            Dear God the only thing I ask of you
            Is to hold her when I'm not around
            When I'm much too far away
            -Avenged Sevenfold "Dear God"

Comment

My biggest problem is saying sorry for everything >.<. Which then makes him feel guilty, and then I feel guilty for making him feel guilty..you can see how it goes. But I've been trying really hard not to lately!

Comment

me thinking she's gonna leave me, or me thinking she's gonna cheat on me. it's something i know i have to stop thinking but sometimes i cant help it due to my past relationship i never felt secure enough to let my guard down, and from time to time i still have it up a little but im better at not thinking like that like i used to be

Comment

I'm currently in the middle of one of my bad habits right now and it's awful. I hate it when I get in one of these moods. Basically this bad habit consists of doubting how much he loves me. Not because he did or said anything in particular, but because of my own self hatred where I look at myself in the mirror and can't possibly imagine anyone actually ever loving me. I start to think that he's just being sweet and humoring me because I care about him so much, or maybe he does love me but secretly there's something about me he'd rather change like my hair or my weight or my voice (despite the fact that he's reassured me plenty of times that this is not the case).

Comment

Lord I have plenty. Most of it's insecurity-related such as I put myself down even in jest and he'll fuss at me or I counter his compliments. Another is I tend to ignore my own problems or not mention them if he's having an issue because I think his problems are bigger than mine and I don't want to worry him. They're just things I've always done with people but I am learning to not do them all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
                      I'm currently in the middle of one of my bad habits right now and it's awful. I hate it when I get in one of these moods. Basically this bad habit consists of doubting how much he loves me. Not because he did or said anything in particular, but because of my own self hatred where I look at myself in the mirror and can't possibly imagine anyone actually ever loving me. I start to think that he's just being sweet and humoring me because I care about him so much, or maybe he does love me but secretly there's something about me he'd rather change like my hair or my weight or my voice (despite the fact that he's reassured me plenty of times that this is not the case).
                      i tend to do that as well, also down myself by saying im fat, ugly, ect which i havent done recently im getting better about what i look like and stuff

Comment

insecurity and jelousy are my main ones, my boyfriend makes me feel loved but... sometimes the negative thoughts slip in there.
                        i also get quite jelous, not alot but i'm working on changing it.

Comment

Idk, maybe getting jealous of him being attracted to olivia munn from that show lol. Its not that i actually get jealous, because i know he loves me. I do play fight with him about it cus pictures of her bring out my insecurities (ill never look like that). Its a bad habit because i know insecurity is a downer and unattractive. I just try to think about how much i know he loves and wants me.

Comment

Working...
                          X