LESSON LEARNED - EVERYONE NEEDS SPACE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LESSON LEARNED - EVERYONE NEEDS SPACE

Back off and give some space...He will come around.. I am learning this..
    There are times when I go days not hearing from mine and i just have to realize that he is working and it takes up most of his time and when he gets a fee moment he will contact me.
    It is very hard BUT i just try and stay busy. I work alot and cook and exercise

Everyone can do with space at times I guess, otherwise you'd only drive each other spare! Saying that, I could happily spend every moment with or talking to my SO, but I'm busy with work and so is she so it's not possible anyway

"Buddha made you for me" - My SO

1st Met/Visit: Nov 2012 - Thailand
    2nd Visit: May 2013 - Thailand
    3rd Visit: Jun 2013 - Thailand
    4th Visit: Sep 2013 - Thailand
    5th Visit: Sep 2013 - Jan 2014 - UK
    6th Visit: Apr 2014 - Thailand - Marry
    7th Visit: Sept 14th 2014 - Thailand - Wedding Ceremony / Party
    Close the distance - Sept 21st 2014 - UK
    UK Wedding Party: November 8th 2014

Comment

Yup thats right I learned that too. At first I didnt realize that he need space like if he is upset or stressed because I know myself when I'm upset I go talk to him and get it off my chest. So I learned that people are different.

Comment

Yep, and everyone has to learn this in their own time. I didn't realize I was texting and calling way too much until he talked to me about it. One of the downfalls in a LDR. Can be in any relationship really. But space is good. Its not necessarily a bad thing either.

Comment

This is something I'm on a mission to deal with this year. We have been REALLY lucky when it comes to communication. We talk all the time so when one of us is busy it's HARD. I have a bit of attachement issues because of it and I'm working on it. We've come to realise that it's ok to not be together all the time and to do things seperately. It's just a matter of getting it done and keeping busy. I would like to try to find a hobby or something to distract me when she's busy or in class. It's not easy but it'll be worth it in end.

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
          Married April 18th, 2015!!
          Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

Originally posted by mellissawest View Post
            Back off and give some space...He will come around.. I am learning this..
            That is me! Not the communication part, we have daily convo (which i am so so thankful for) but just when we have disagreements or such. I need to not let my mind get to me and make it bigger then it is.
            I love you Nathan <3
            sigpic
            5/25/09 <3

Comment

Golden rule of LDR-give space and know the limit between being caring and annoying we never had issues with that (as I also hate when anyone tries to limit my space) but I have seen few examples of my friends who were ruining the whole thing by not knowing when to stop calling or texting. I just remembered a real quote I found somewhere on the Internet,posted by the guy,who had overly attached gf

GF: Heeeey sweetheart
              BF: Hey babe
              GF: Watcha doing
              Heeeey
              Awww dont ignore me
              Wtf is wrong with you why u pissed at me
              Ok fine go to that whore you wanna be with and dont call me ever
              Babe plssss
              ;(
              BF: Hahaha wtf i was in the loo

Comment

I've learned that patience is key. My SO has been extremely busy the past 2 quarters at school and we don't get to talk nearly as much as we used to. He is taking very hard classes that have a lot of work, so I understand. I've gotten better with letting him do what he needs to get done. He tends to pull away when he gets stressed out, so that also plays into it.

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

Working...
                X