Giving him space...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Giving him space...

What do you guys think about giving him space in a LDR? And for how long should it last?

It depends on the circumstances of said space. If he's questioning his feelings and desire to be in a relationship whether in general or LD then he does indeed need time to think. However, I don't ever think under any circumstances should it mean the two lose contact entirely, instead perhaps keeping it to every few days or so for an hour to talk about how you're doing and feeling and trying to keep it casual. Some guys need just a few days to miss their SO, others maybe weeks, and a few more realize they don't miss them and it ends in a break up. The stress can sometimes be overwhelming so I wouldn't blame them for needing a breather, but at the very least they should check in here and there to give a sort of 'update' about how they feel.

Comment

I second the darling Ms. Hare. The length of time totally depends on your circumstances, and is something you should decide together.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

i hated space, my boyfriend and i took space 2 times a few months ago when things werent going as we wanted them too.
        i had the view that there is no point in taking space considering were 3000 miles away already. but now i understand it probably saved us from saying and doing things we'd regret.
        although i missed him like hell, and i felt pretty low and unwanted at the time - i now see a different light.
        the longest space we took was 4 days and i agree with everyone above that it depends on what you are taking space for..
        me and my boyfriend were just arguing and the conversation was running dry... whereas if yours is a more serious matter then time apart could be longer.
        good luck, i say give it to him, because its what he needs and could save your relationship!

Comment

Working...
        X