LDR is not easy, any advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by littlekakau View Post
    You're such a sweetheart! Yeah, next week we'll be freaking out together. Lol
    Hang in there, soon you also will see your SO and this stress will be gone.
    last night, we 'almost' had an argument again! lol. but then i felt bad for the guy and i thought i'd let him get some sleep. even though my pregnancy keeps me up at night! sometimes, i tell myself, when he finally comes, i'll at least once, make him feel bad for staying away for so long. but deep down i know, i'm just gonna be so freakin' happy to see him, i'll most probably forget my name. lol i'm already planning out our days ^_^

hope you and your SO have a lovely time too. how long is he visiting for?

Comment

Originally posted by Hyacinth View Post
      last night, we 'almost' had an argument again! lol. but then i felt bad for the guy and i thought i'd let him get some sleep. even though my pregnancy keeps me up at night! sometimes, i tell myself, when he finally comes, i'll at least once, make him feel bad for staying away for so long. but deep down i know, i'm just gonna be so freakin' happy to see him, i'll most probably forget my name. lol i'm already planning out our days ^_^

hope you and your SO have a lovely time too. how long is he visiting for?
      I'm going to see him, and it's a surprise. I'm arriving before he's expecting me... let's see what happens...

Comment

Well, as I'm sure most people on here would agree with me, what you're going through is quite common. I see it as a number of emotions emerging at once, you can excited, nervous, anxious all at the same time the closer you get to seeing your SO, for any number of reasons. What helped me and my SO was to talk about the things we were going to do together and how amazing it will be. Every relationship, be it long or short has its up and downs, but if that person means the world to you then it's all worth it in the end. I hope everything settles down

Comment

Originally posted by Fra101 View Post
          Well, as I'm sure most people on here would agree with me, what you're going through is quite common. I see it as a number of emotions emerging at once, you can excited, nervous, anxious all at the same time the closer you get to seeing your SO, for any number of reasons. What helped me and my SO was to talk about the things we were going to do together and how amazing it will be. Every relationship, be it long or short has its up and downs, but if that person means the world to you then it's all worth it in the end. I hope everything settles down
          Like Fraser said, it does get hard..especially for us as we get closer. We are about six weeks away from seeing one another and I'm hoping as we get closer we can try to not argue this time. We cant stay mad at one another but being in a long distance relationship does make it hard on your emotions..especially when you are a female. Like he said we just talk about the things we are going to do and all the exciting things we can do TOGETHER...which is always the best word to hear in a long distance relationship. I know it gets hard as you get closer and anxiety can take over but LDRs are worth it because when you get to see your SO none of the arguing you've ever had is even thought about. Best of luck to you! (: Have a great time.

Comment

Originally posted by CountryGirl View Post
            Like Fraser said, it does get hard..especially for us as we get closer. We are about six weeks away from seeing one another and I'm hoping as we get closer we can try to not argue this time. We cant stay mad at one another but being in a long distance relationship does make it hard on your emotions..especially when you are a female. Like he said we just talk about the things we are going to do and all the exciting things we can do TOGETHER...which is always the best word to hear in a long distance relationship. I know it gets hard as you get closer and anxiety can take over but LDRs are worth it because when you get to see your SO none of the arguing you've ever had is even thought about. Best of luck to you! (: Have a great time.
            Thanks Fra101 and countrygirl , I'm gonna calm down and try to talk about this stuff. My SO doesn't like to talk about future since we get physically distant because my return was always something uncertain.
            So, I need to keep things cool if I'm gonna surprise him Friday.

PS: it's good to see it's usual.

Comment

Wow...... So glad I'm not alone here!

I get bad anxiety about 4 weeks before I go visit my fiancé. I can't eat, can't sleep, have thoughts of maybe postponing my trip.....

Once I get out on the road though, all that anxiety turns to excitement and that 12 hour drive seems endless.

Comment

Working...
              X