Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you drop your sweet talk on your SO?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lademoiselle View Post
    For us the sweet nothings settled down a bit after we'd been together for a while. Not that we tried to curb it or anything, it was just natural progression. At the beginning my SO in particular used to say such lovey-dovey stuff to me that I was rather overwhelmed! But, that didn't last beyond the first 6 months or so. We haven't stopped saying cute things to each other of course, but I think over time you become more secure in the other person's feelings for you, so you don't feel the need to vocalise them as often. Not to mention that when you're at a distance, words are all you have. Being romantic doesn't have to mean losing touch with reality, though
    I like this. I agree. DB (dear boyfriend) and I are both sappy right now, but it's still early so it's to be expected. After what is termed the "honeymoon" period, 6-9 months, things will settle into place and become more comfortable. DB and I are very romantic individuals and I'm sure that will continue when the dynamics shift or change in the future.

Comment

We both do it in our own ways, whenever we feel like it

I like to draw something or write a romantic note, he on the other hand likes to say romantic things
      I'm not a big talker, plus being romantic in english is hard for me not knowing terms of endearment, it often feels so.. wrong (he likes it but still :P) and he doesn't like to type and spelling isn't his best friend, so he rather says nice things

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
      First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
      Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
      Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
      Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
      Married: 1/24/2015
      Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Working...
      X