This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chris516 View Post
    Your friend(or former friend) denouncing homosexuality is not the potential problem. The potential problem is, if the group she joined, turns out to be anything like the Branch Davidians who used the Bible as a guise for stockpiling weapons. Or like Jim Jones who used the Bible as the door to getting people to join his 'utopia' in Guyana. Or Marshall Applewhite, who used the Bible to recruit people to join him on 'ascension to the mother ship'.

Becoming Christian, is not joining a cult. A cult is an entity that uses deceptive mind-altering techniques, like the ones' I mentioned above.

P.S. I am Christian, and don't agree with homosexuality, or the legitimization of it. But I am not a member of a cult because I am a Christian
    She isn't saying that becoming Christian = joining a cult. She said that her friend joined an extremist group, which could be considered a cult for whatever reasons. The cult that Francesco joined appears to be anti-Christian/Satanist.

No need to get defensive.

Comment

Originally posted by kittyo9 View Post
      "Nor do I believe love is one-sided. If you love someone- that is, if you see a part of yourself in their soul or subconscious or whatever, it's there. They love you too, but do not realize it." False. This is psychotic. You cannot make someone love you. This ties back into your control issues that I mentioned earlier. I'm sure you'll try to defend yourself, but there is nothing to defend.
      Agreed. My boyfriend found this to be extremely creepy as well. x_x;

Originally posted by Chris516 View Post
      P.S. I am Christian, and don't agree with homosexuality, or the legitimization of it. But I am not a member of a cult because I am a Christian
      Homosexuality is perfectly legal, just some of their constitutional rights are not. I'm pretty sure I know what you meant though, so carry on. ^_^;
      "Babe, I'm totally murdering everyone in this building right now! ... You would be so proud of me."
      This. This is only one of the reasons that I love this man. XD

"I'll surrender up my heart and swap it for yours."
      Por siempre, mi amor. ♥

Comment

Working...
      X