LDR & Sharing Secrets with Each Other

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LDR & Sharing Secrets with Each Other

As my "possible" SO are taking things slow and getting to know each other, I'm trying to gauge her interest in me. In an LDR situation that takes more time and/or just more difficult.

So recently, she had a burden on her heart and she needed to share it with someone. It was this personal secret about her family. She decided that she wanted to share it with me. We both have never met, but she felt she could trust me.

So I guess I felt that this was a big step in our relationship. I was wondering what are your thoughts on how serious an LDR is based on the secrets you share with one another. Does this sound like she is interested in me or at least trusts me enough as a friend? In your LDR did you share secrets before the LDR was serious or how long after the relationship did you share or your SO share secret? She is not a very open person so I was shocked that she shared it with me and after she shared it she was a bit hesitant, but was still happy that she was able to share it with me and I was there for her to vent/share her burden.

She also recently texted me (before she called her Mom) whens she was having a really bad panic attack. So she could have called her Mom, but she wanted to talk with me to help her get her mind off her panic attack.

What are your thoughts? Do you think our relationship is moving in a more serious direction? If so, how serious? What are your experiences in sharing secrets with an LDR and did it gauge the seriousness of a relationship?

Monk

Sharing deep secrets is definitely indicative of holding a lot of trust towards your SO.

I don't share secrets with just anyone, if that is what you're asking.

Comment

Originally posted by Tooki View Post
      Sharing deep secrets is definitely indicative of holding a lot of trust towards your SO.

I don't share secrets with just anyone, if that is what you're asking.

yeah, more or less. Is sharing secrets w/ your SO something that was indicative of how serious you both were or were getting in the relationship?

Comment

Originally posted by monkinlove View Post

yeah, more or less. Is sharing secrets w/ your SO something that was indicative of how serious you both were or were getting in the relationship?

Yes that was definitely the case. It came as my GF and I started to be more open with each other and develop feelings.

Comment

I agree with Tooki Not too long after I met my SO I found myself confiding in him in a way I'd never done with another human being. I couldn't seem to help it, and yet I was such a trustless person at the time! I knew then that there was something special about the connection we'd made.

Comment

It really depends. My SO and I both shared very personal information with each other before we were a couple, but we had been friends for a while before that. It simply shows you that she has trust in you.

Comment

i share serious things with both my SO and friends.but most serious things...yea i guess only with my SO.it does indicate lots of trust

Comment

Is sharing secrets w/ your SO something that was indicative of how serious you both were or were getting in the relationship?
                I would have to say yes. My SO is the only person I can be 100% open and honest with. I can tell her anything and it is always without judgement. Vice versa; she can tell me anything. To me that shows a lot of trust and seriousness.

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
                Married April 18th, 2015!!
                Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

Is sharing secrets w/ your SO something that was indicative of how serious you both were or were getting in the relationship?

absolutely. and it was the case for both of us. on the surface, i'm a happy/bubbly character and he's more the reserved type. but when things were getting serious and we knew we could trust each other, we started confiding in each other. i told him things about myself that i'd kept bottled up inside for a very long time and i chose to tell him because i trusted him, i knew my feelings and thoughts were safe with him and things were getting serious, so obviously, i wanted him to get to know me better.

Comment

Thank you everyone. That is very helpful insight and perspective. I guess this means things are moving a bit quicker than I expected. Which I love and I'm thankful. I feel closer to her because of this and I feel more comfortable. Which is good for two people who are introverts and on the shy side. I've told her one fairly personal thing about myself before. So I guess I've felt like I could trust her as well.

Again thank you everyone. Any other insights or comments you think of is always helpful. This forum has been a big help.

Monk

Comment

Working...
                    X