nervous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nervous

My boyfriend and I have been dating for a year and a half. And technically we've always been distance because he lives 45 minutes away. We met through mutual friends in high school and then later in the year he changed to a different school but we still continue to date. we recently been having a problem with me going off to college I decided to go to a school that's about 2 hours away from his current position. which would be fine but recently he also to decided to move 2 hours away. which would put us 4 hours away. we've been fighting over whether he should move to where I am instead of trying a long distance thing. He willing to actually try long distance but I don't see why we should we don't have to. what should we do? am I being overbearing?

i think there are some crucial pieces of information missing from your post.

i have many questions but i'll begin with:

why is he moving to wherever it is he is moving?

you're going off to college, why is he moving away?

i'm assuming there's a valid reason...?

Comment

Aside from missing information, like Hyacinth mentioned, a few things come to mind. First, is where he is moving to a place where he'll be happy? (Job, friends, general life enrichment etc) Second, even if he moved to where you'll be going to school, would you live together? If not, how often would he see you? Would it even be any more than every weekend which could easily be pulled off only being 4 hours away from each other? Lastly, it sounds really sweet of him that he wants to continue being your boyfriend, and at the same time giving you enough "space" to have the college experience. Maybe you could elaborate on why you think the distance is unnecessary and also why you feel overbearing?

Comment

Even with some missing information it sounds like you might be a little overbearing, I mean you are moving 2 hours away for school, why shouldn't he be able to move 2 hours away for something he wants (school, job, just to try something new etc). If you guys are just fresh out of high school no need to move in together or even close together for now you'll have your whole lives ahead of you to move in/close together.

Treasuretrooper <-- how I helped pay for some of my LDR expenses when I was in one.

Comment

Working...
        X