Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Longest distance feasible for driving for weekend visits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Waddams View Post
    I live in GA, outskirts of Atlanta. SO moved away to Florida, just outside Orlando. It's 8 hours driving per mapquest.

I'm taking a 1/2 day Friday, and full day off Monday. Plan to spend Friday, Saturday, and Sunday night there visiting w/ her. Then drive home Monday.

Just wondering what other's opinion of max feasible driving distance for weekenders is? I'm considering next time I drive down trying out taking a 1/2 day Friday, then driving back Sunday. Just to see if it felt like we got enough time together with just Friday and Saturday night to justify the long drive.
    I've actually done pretty much this drive (Tampa, FL to Atlanta, GA), although to attend a conference, not to see my SO. We left Wednesday morning and got back Friday night. It was very manageable. It was also a lot cheaper!

For reference, Tampa is almost an hour and fifteen minutes west of Orlando. So your time be shorter - I don't know the highway system that well haha.

I think my max drive time would be about 10 hours. But my SO lives 22 hours away by car so it's not really an option. We have to buy plane tickets.

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
    Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
    Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
    Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
    Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

Working...
    X